1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sprtg clay gun for trap?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

KEN: I see no reason why not. Especially if you intend to shoot more sporting clays than trap doubles. Ed

2. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

shooting 687II Silver Pigeon Sport for trap, great gun!!!!

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

There is nothing wrong at all. If it fits you and your style of shooting than it is just fine to use.

Now if the gun does not fit you then you will have a problem but with the adjustable comb and such the gun should be awesome to use for doubles or even regular trap.

Just remember that it is about 99% shooter and the rest is up to the little gnome living in the trap house.

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Ken ... what sporting clay gun are you looking at and for how much?

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

If you can shoot it, it works

6. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You will LOVE the Cynergy. I have shot lifetime best dubs with Sporting Clays configured guns. Attack and destroy the first bird, obtain a visual lock on the second, and trust your reflexes. A Sporting gun or barrel will do well.

I also have a Cynergy Sporter I bought for a backup. However, it performs so well at all games, sometimes I wonder if I will keep my primary gun, a K-80.

7. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Ya know you might find that you like that gun so much that your other will become a princess locked into the depths of your dungeon never to see the light of day other than to take out to stroke and caress from time to time.

8. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

KEN W., I think I'd give the gun a test drive at doubles, even if you aren't right up to speed on the game. The concern I'd want to cover is whether or not the gun moved (swung) comfortably for you. Even a few rounds of singles will tell you how the 32" barrels swing for you (sluggish vs. crisp). No matter how hard I try, 30" guns always work better for me for a game where swinging to a 2nd shot is necessary. That doesn't mean you and the 32" barrels won't get along famously however....Bob Dodd

9. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

I shoot sporting clays with my Citori Trap Special and it does as good as any gun. It also works very well at trap and doubles also. A very good and versitale gun. Very resonable also.

10. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

KenW,

Why don't you just get a pair of O/U barrels for your Guerini? That would probably be your best best, especially if trap is your main concern.

11. shrek

shrek Active Member

I personally do better with a sporting clays o/u gun at doubles than I do with an o/u trap gun

12. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Ken: You can't have too many guns. It's like having too much money. If you try hard enough; you could even justify a 3rd and 4th "backup gun. Can't be too careful!! Ed

13. vaguru

vaguru Member

It seems to me that I am scoring better with my 525 than I am with my 682 for doubles. The 525 is lighter and swings faster. Time, and better weather, will tell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.