1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Springwater Rod and Gun (NY)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Jan 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Is anyone on this board a member at the Springwater Rod and Gun club? I'm looking at a house in Springwater and it looks like I'll be moving to Springwater. I'm interested in joining this club but heard you have to know someone to get in?

2. Beni

Beni Member

Is springwater near dansville/ beni

3. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

Go to shootata.com. Or see above website. Yes, they are near Dansville. A great club.

4. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

When we were living up north we were members of Springwater. Great bunch of people !!! Go over and make yourself acquainted. We had no problem getting into the membership. After shooting is over the Euchre games begin, so hope you play.
    They always have food there also, even on the non ATA shooting days...Just a very nice club, and a great bunch of people.

Dave & Judy in SC

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I drove by the club today and it looks like a good club.

Anyone know how semi auto rifle friendly the club is (AR15, AK47, etc)?

6. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Rich219, you might get some responses from members at Springwater Rod and Gun if you use your proper name. Nobody really wants to to talk to a shadow about guns.

Ron Burdick

7. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I prefer to keep my last name private just for safety concerns. After all it's not like I'm asking for someone to mail me a key to the clubhouse so I can check it out before I join.

8. pjh

pjh Member

I know they have a rifle league and the state trooper practice there. I bet the AK are fine just like most ranges nothing from the hip / rapid fire

9. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Thanks for the info pjh. I'll probably stop out to the club next time I'm in Springwater.

The sellers accepted the price offer on the house today and shooting seems to be the only thing to do in the town so I'm guessing that I'll probably do quite a bit of shooting at the club.

10. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

pjh, did you check out the scores for the Dixie Grand this week. I felt good today, I tied Harlan and Leo only beat me by 2 birds.

Hope everything is good with you.

Ron Burdick

11. pjh

pjh Member

Hey Ron
    I could use some warm weather targets! I will check the results RJ Stuart.com?
    Things are good but very busy. Going to AZ in feb for some targets. me and the Mrs. First registered on the 27!! drop a line when you get a chance. Peter

12. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

Rich219,

Yes on the AK/Ar's. There are several Black Gun shooters there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.