1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SPRINGTIME!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slayer, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

o.k. I saw the first robin two weeks ago, my team is going for the first shoot [practice] tomorrow. This is it northern shooters, time to at least open the safe. After this crappy no-fishin', no sleddin' winter it's gonna be a big relief! Bill in MI

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

GOOD for you Bill, go get-em. (ALL) -smile- Ross Puls

3. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Still waiting for my 1st Robin of the spring and I look everyday. Dag nab it

4. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

If it weren't for these darned spring snowstorms. At least the dogs are happy.Bill

5. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

slayer, where are you located, that is a really nice pic

Oscar

6. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

Robins came back 2 1/2 weeks ago, barred owls this week, snowdrops have been up for over a month, crocus just about a month, daffodils are budding and just about to bloom, and the sure sign that spring is just around the corner: the skunk cabbage is poking up out of the swamp! Another couple weeks of this weather should have it up and budding, then April 1, bear season opens!

7. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

That pic was taken thursday at our camp at Ocqueoc in northern lower MI. We have gotten another 10 inches of snow since then. The first real big snow of the winter, believe it or not. Bill

8. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

First robin at our fountain this evening! (The Ozarks of southwest Missouri.) The forsythis are already blooming! Blackberry winter is coming. Jack

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

You guys can keep that cold country and the snow and cold!

Here is a typical winter shoot in So. California. A December shoot ... because that is me on post 5!

[​IMG]

10. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Winter has been cancelled. HMB

11. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

I live in the St. Louis area and there has been robins around all winter. We keep a small electric heater in the bird-bath to keep it from freezing and there has been all kinds of birds on it all winter. I think we have more birds hitting the water than we ever did when we used to feed them. They go through about a gallon a day with what they drink and splash out.

12. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

OK, I have a place aroind Mio, MI and the first real snow of the winter was last friday night. I live in lower Mi and we aint had a winter. Cold---no snow. Leaving winter to go see if I can meet up with someone in Texas for a little (C)Trap shootin' anyone 'spect it'll snow in Texas? LOL

13. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Bill, I surwe as heck don't know where you are in Michigan but We got 3 feet of snow last week in Negaunee! Bill

14. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Oh yea, it's spring again. Trapped 6 skunks in the past week. Wind is blowing at 30-50 mph, dirt blowing, yea-it's spring. Charlie

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Woodcocks are trying to come back already. C'MON FALL, aw shoot I don't want to be wishing my life away but I'm sure looking forward to the birds this year.