1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Springfield XD

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Orange Irish, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

I had the opportunity today (and presumably tomorrow) to buy an XD 9mm NIB. Came with three hi-cap mags, molded holster, cleaning rod(s), hard case (lockable?) and I believe a cable gun lock. It was priced in the mid 400's. I know little about Springfield, and nothing about the XD series except they spend a alot on advertising, the ads are in every magazine I get. Anyone have any experience with these guns? And is the price good? Any downside other than its not a .45?

2. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

I have a xd/m (more 17 rounds in .40) in .40 cal,excellent pistol, accurate, easy take down and features you don't find on other pistols.down side almost too big for a carry pistol,the xd is simular,the 400 is a o.k. price, paid about 700 for my xdm,Dan Witcher

3. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

We sell quite a few in the shop where I work. I had an XD40 and liked it but in a flash of brilliance traded it on a Citori.
    Main things....made in Croatia, polymer frame like a Glock, trigger "safety" like a Glock, pretty darn good ergonomics, added grip safety and some pretty well made accessories. Only down side is where it is made and it doesn't shoot 7 1/2s or 8s very well. Also, it isn't a 1911.

4. 68sscamaro

68sscamaro TS Member

my wife carries a compact 9mm xd every day, she loved the gun so much she bought a 9mm xd service model just to shoot at the range...... great gun

5. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

They are fine handguns. Some of the best that America has to offer...No worries there............Uncle Sam, Pa.

6. shaner

shaner Member

i have 2 45 -xds an 3 9mm all have been fantastic handguns , they work great , easy to clean , and SA will back them no problems , 400 's is normal i figure your looking at a new one ,

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

I looked at XD, but decided to stay with a 1911 frame and bought a Kimber Pro Carry. I am use to the 1911's and prefer them. Of course they are a bit more expensive.

8. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

I'm pleased with my .40 sub-compact 3". The extended mags are comfortable at the range and the 10 round mags are smaller for concealment. They are a bit thick and chunky, like any double stack.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

After getting to try some of my 9mm reloads through my brothers gun at our local indoor range I can say I was very impressed noting that it was every bit as smooth and accurate as any Glock I've shot..it was almost as accurate as my Hi-Power

10. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I have a XD-9 and consider it a good pistol. I also have a S&W M&P
    in .40 The M&P is a better gun in my opinion. Fits the hand better
    with the interchangeable back straps. Also has ambi slide release and
    the magazine release can be reversed if your left handed. Trigger
    pull is also better than my XD. Lifetime warranty which includes
    next day air both ways.

11. atashooter

atashooter Member

If your life depends on it, make it a...

[​IMG]

12. plabels466

plabels466 Member

The XD was one of the few pistols I did not own.....I had a friend who wanted one of my pistols but had to trade his XD 40.....We did the deal.....This thing is a shooter - 2'' at 25 yards with my reloads & 2 1/2'' with the Rem & Win cheaper ammo.....I really like it but nothing compares to the 1911 - nothing......Good shootin Irish if you buy it.............Pete

13. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like a good pistol, and a reasonable price. I really would have preferred a different cal., but this was the only S.A. in the store. Called today and it is still there, headin' that way soon. Thanks, you guys are a wealth of info! I don't post much, but read this site regularly. I learn something new every time.

14. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. Looks like a good pistol, and a reasonable price. I really would have preferred a different cal., but this was the only S.A. in the store. Called today and it is still there, headin' that way soon. Thanks, you guys are a wealth of info! I don't post much, but read this site regularly. I learn something new every time.

15. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Own a XD-sc and XDm in 9mm, Love them both. You can't go wrong with SA. Lifetime warranty and customer service is excellent. When I bought the XDm, they had an free extra set of 19 round magazines and pouch promotion going. I received them two weeks ago, making the mag count 4 and 2 pouches for that gun.

You will not be sorry for getting that firearm.
    <a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view&current=311535a7.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Guns/?action=view&current=HPIM1606Large.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

16. Orange Irish

Orange Irish TS Member

Thanks again for the input guys. I will be picking it up tomorrow. EE thanks for the advise (to shop around) but it was an impulse buy, wasn't even looking. I have other pistols, and "a few rounds" of 9mm at the house. It'll just be for plinking, or targets, not a carry gun.

Thanks again,
    Eddie

17. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Orange, let us know how you like it. Give us a range report please......

Jerbear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.