1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Springfield RO???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AAtrap, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Anyone own or have first-hand experience with the Range officer? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Steve

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Best buy in the Springfield lineup. All the good stuff, with none of the fluff. The only drawback would be if you need an amberdexterous safety. I've shot 4 of them, mine included, and they are all 2" or less groups (5 shot) at 15 yards with my ability.

ss

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

A friend let me shoot his before I bought my Springfield. It was a great shooting firearm and had the right features. I just wanted a stainless steel pistol, or I would have bought the Range Officer.

4. 90Tshooter

90Tshooter Member

I just picked one up. Had it out twice. First time was function only because of the weather. Second time was also short, bad weather and short on time. I did get a 2.5 inch group at 20 yards off a rest with Winchester white box ammo. I'm looking forward to taking it out on a good day with more time. I have shot 1911s in the past, an older Springfield that was customized, a Springfield GI, an AMT Hardball, and a Kimber tactical. I preferred the customized Springfield mainly because of accuracy. I was surprised with the Kimber Tactical accuracy, not that great. This is the first 1911 I've owned. I like it.

Joe

5. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Had one for a month.. havent shot it yet... i just get it out at times and look at it. Love it so far HAHAHAHA

6. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Wesley, I've never in my life owned a gun for a month and not shot it. lol

Steve

7. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Steve,
    HAHAHAHA It has been tempting to shoot it. So far I have been an Oak.

Hope you get one and enjoy it to its fullest !!!

Wesley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.