1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Springfield Omega 1911

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Jollytrapshooter, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

Where I work I am one of three gun enthusiasts, though I am the only one in the machine shop. Yesterday, one of the other guys walked up to me and asked if I'd ever heard of this gun before, the Omega 1911, imported by Springfield back in the 80's and 90's. He said that he had one, with the 3 barrels (10 mm, .38 super and .45) and mentioned that he was looking for someone who could make a couple of new, improved guide rods, because apparently they are known to break.

Basically, I'm just throwing this on here to see if someone happens to have one of these guns and might be interested in having a guide rod or 2 made. I told him that unless he can get more people who want them, the 2 he wants as extras are going to cost him quite a bit.

Also if anyone has more info on this gun, I'm interested in learning more about it.

Thanks, Josh.

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Peters Stahl of Germany made the top end for these guns. You might look the company up.

3. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a 10mm Springfield Omega, 6" ported barrel. Very accurate pistol. Had Austin Behlert install his pivoting trigger in it. Have had no problems but would be interested in extra guide rods if available. Chichay

4. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

With all the research I've managed to find on this gun, it seems like there a lot of people who really like them, but are afraid to shoot them because of the flaw in the guide rod, and the in-ability to find parts.

I think I've decided if I can get enough interest to make 10 guide rods, I'll give it a shot and see how it works out. Less than that, I wouldn't be able to get what I had in them back out. At 10 parts, price will probably be in the mid to low hundreds. Though it isn't set it stone, it could be more or it could be less...

I'm also going to start keeping an eye out at the gun shows and see if I can pick one up sometime. Definitely sounds like a gun worth owning.

Josh

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Lucky dog. The Omega is a cool gun. I missed a chance to buy one when they first came out. The secret to the slide working with different cartridges with different rim diameters are the dual extractors, located opposite of each other. And the massive slide works very well with the 10mm. A much more elegant solution than having to put a 24 lb recoil spring in a Colt Delta, like I did my 10mm Gold Cup.

6. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

chichay_2008_03037.jpg
    My Springfield Omega. The .45ACP slide above was made to fit the Omega frame. Chichay

7. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Brian have you ever tried to use 2 variable springs in your 10 mm when using hot loads? Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
austin behlert pivot trigger
omega 10mm pistol
omega 1911 pistol
springfield omega
springfield omega 1911

springfield omega barrels

springfield omega guide rod
springfield omega guide rod for sale