1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Springfield, MO. gun show today.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bcnu, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Went to the gun show in Springfield MO today. It was just as they have been for the last several years. The obligatory nazi stuff, a little jewlery and coins, lots of guns and not really a bargin in sight. AR and AK stuff was 2.5 to 3 times what it would have been a month ago, not too much ammo. Best buy I found was a bag of .45 hardball for $15.00 which I snapped up. Very little .223 or 7.69x39. I did buy a box of it for $9.00 just so that I could sight in an SKS that I bought last week for only 2 bills. A friend of mine from work had one and he was tired of hearing me bitch about not being able to buy a rifle before they got banned so he sold me his. He gave a guy a hundred for it a couple of years ago and it has been sitting in his safe since then. I happily gave 2 for it, synthetic stock, 30 round detachable mag (with the little arm on the front of it) and a scope. Thew were selling nes set up like that today for 650 to a grand.

The best part of the show though was that there was a ton of people there. Not bad for a society that is supposed to be wanting to ban guns. If we could just get everyone to be more vocal in their support of guns it would go so much easier for all of us. I renewed my NRA membership again and hope that everyone on here has done the same.

The worst part of the show was having a thousand extra dollars in my pocket and not being able to buy something so simple as a base AR. What really burns me up is I handled one the week before the school shooting at the local wally world and for a nice Windham it was only 799 plus tax. Just didn't have the extra money till the first week of this year. Oh well, what can ya do lol.

Take care everyone and fight the good fight for our rights. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.