1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Springfield Armory vs Glock```````````````````````

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by plabels466, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plabels466

plabels466 Member

I bought a beautiful Springfield Armory XD, 40 S&W, from a friend. I sent an email to Springfield asking them to please mail me an owners manual. In 5 minutes I got a response back from a person named Jon who replied, it is in the mail. It cost them over $3.00 to ship & I had it in 4 days.........Then I recieved a gift from a great friend, a 40 S&W Glock. I requested an owners manual from Glock. Several emails & requests later, like over 4-5 weeks, I have not heard from them.......Just thought I would pass on this info to you guys................Pete

2. wtjohnso

wtjohnso Member

Maybe that's because you need a manual for a XD.

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Good to know, but I never had a problem getting anything from Glock ... So, your point is ..? We can throw them in a puddle of mud, pick them up and see which one works ... When seconds count and the Cops are only minutes away make mine a Glock ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Remember that the XDs can handle either lead or jacketed bullets; the standard Glock is limited to jacketed because of the shape of the ends of the lands.

MK

5. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I have 3 .40s, a Sig, an XD and a Glock. I like the XD the best, just easier for me to shoot and it's never jammed. The Sig never jammed either. Hardly ever shoot the Glock. Glock has a lot of followers... never understood why.

6. Unknown1

<blockquote><I>"For me the Glock has a more natural grip for point shooting. I always shot high with the XD."</i></blockquote>Interesting...most of the guys I know that have shot both find it the other way around.

MK

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Anyone ever heard of "KABOOM"? That and "no lead" in a Glock are the reasons I bought a Kahr CW9 to carry instead of a Glock.

Buz

8. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Member

Glocks are ok, but I find the grip more natural and better for me with the XD, absolutly no probems with it so far. Started out shooting the 1911 and it feels alot like it.

9. bigdave35180

bigdave35180 TS Member

Frisk me down and you'll find this 23C with TLR-3 tactical light on me at all times...Glocks just work...
    bigdave35180_2010_221215.jpg

10. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

I refuse to enter this pissing match again. This horse has been so beaten to death in just the last 2-3 months it is criminal. And it never convinces anyone of anything.

Shoot whatever you like, "any gun will do, if you will do".

Randy

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    At least the XD won't blow up with reloads or lead bullets.

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A revolver is the way to go, more reliable, faster, and accurate. HMB

13. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I was going to buy a springfield xd until I saw that was imported.

14. Unknown1

<blockquote><I>"I was going to buy a springfield xd until I saw that was imported."</I></blockquote>You must not own much of anything, then!

OH, and by the way, Glock pistols are designed and made in Deutsch-Wagram, AUSTRIA.

MK

15. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

BS, I have fired many thousands of cast lead bullets through my Glocks with no ill effects. Accuracy is good enough and the Glock barrels are much easier to clean than conventional rifling.

16. shadow

shadow Active Member

Make mine a Springer. LIFETIME warranty thatyou probably will never use.

17. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If you throw your pistol in a puddle of mud when someone is trying to shoot you.... you are preeeettty much up the creek no matter what kind it is, a red herring that argument is.

18. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I've seen both shot very well and can't think of a bad thing to say about either one. I'm not a big Glock fan, but I did handle a new Gen4 9mm and it was a delight to shoot (it had different sights and a great 3.5 lb trigger).

I think this is a matter of personal preferance. While neither one is a 1911, I wouldn't be a bit afraid of trusting my life with either one.

ss

19. Unknown1

<blockquote><I>"BS, I have fired many thousands of cast lead bullets through my Glocks with no ill effects."</i></blockquote>The warning comes from Glock. No one made it up. You pays your money and you takes your chances!

MK

20. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Only Glock has a Field Armorer's program, and on-the-road factory training for Instructor Development. Many Law Enforcement Instructors use the Development Class for Continuing Education in their field. I also use it to help keep my State Certified Trainer creds.

Know the gun, and how to use it. Glock has made sure this can happen in the field.

If you don't know how to feed, care for, and shoot your Glock, it is your own d@mned fault.

Nothing wrong with the Springer, but I know of no LE Depts issuing it. Glock has 65% of the world wide handgun market.

They may not be the best sidearm out there, but for a defensive tool that MUST work, they are the accepted standard in most circles, from casual shooters to Armed Professionals.

ANY QUESTIONS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

springfield armory vs glock