1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Springfield .45 ACP

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by tsartin, Aug 29, 2013.

1. tsartin

tsartin TS Member

0   0   0

Purchased Springfield .45 ACP XDS in Feb. Less than 25 rounds fired. Excellent condition. Asking $600. Not interested in trades.

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

0   0   0

Is this the same gun that was just recalled because of slam-fires?

Wayne

3. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

0   0   0

Springfield Armory has issued a limited recall on a run of their extremely popular XD-S concealed-carry pistols. The recall is for both 9mm and .45 ACP models of handguns.

This is a voluntary safety recall for a very rare problem that causes the gun to fire when chambering a round and may also cause pistols to double-fire. This is only for the new single-stack XD-S pistols, not the subcompact, compact, full-size or competition XD-M pistols.

Springfield is asking all users to verify if their XD-S pistol fall within the serial number range of potentially-affected handguns.

“We want to emphasize that no injuries have been reported to date,” explains Springfield on the recall information page. (The page is down at the time of writing, likely due to a traffic overload. However the main XD-S pistol page is still up and warns of the recall.)

THIS is what I found......

According to the press release, this safety recall applies only to:

Springfield 3.3 XD-S 9mm pistols – serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
    Springfield 3.3 XD-S .45ACP pistols – serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300
    If you cannot get access to Springfield’s recall website, call them at 800-680-6866 to arrange your safety upgrade.

This news just days after Smith & Wesson issued a safety notice to all M&P Shield pistols, which are similar single-stack concealed-carry pistols.

The Springfield XD-S is a redesigned version of the successful XD-M and XD series of service pistols. The XD-S pistols have been widely praised for their quality build, fit and finish, as well as for their “shootability.”

4. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

I just sent mine back for the recall. It is one of my favorites and I will keep it.

5. tsartin

tsartin TS Member

0   0   0

Thank you for the info I was unaware.

6. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Between my daughters and I, we have 5 XDS 's. all are on the recall list.

I think I will call them on Tuesday. I don't know if I want to send them all at once or not.
    I have about 750 rounds thru the one I carry, with no issues.