1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Grand -- PreSquad vs 2 yd Reduction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DJSims, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJSims

DJSims Member

Mike Winigrad of PreSquad.com composed a special report for our upcoming Spring Grand shoot. The presquad had opened before the 2 yard reduction had been offered, and many squads now are out of range.

Anyone that presquads at a yardage different than what they classify at the shoot must accept a different squad assignment that is within ATA rules. The scope of the problem is staggering!

I can forsee many partial squads, and terrible cashiering lines from this recent move by ATA.

One thing every shooter can do is either accept or deny the reduction before arriving at the Spring Grand in Tucson. This could help with squadding/cashiering.

Doug Sims

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Decline, or, end of de line....

3. DJSims

DJSims Member

what BigM said!

Doug Sims

4. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

98 % of the shooters accepted the 2 yd reduction at the DIXIE GRAND, why should anybody decline it?

Ron Burdick

5. BigM-Perazzi

To not wait in line......obviously

6. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Wasn't this all covered in that in depth study the EC did before implamenting the two yard reductions? I thought no one was to be classified without a paper card. How could anything go wrong? Brad

7. BigM-Perazzi

Let me check my notes......

Your right, this can't be happening ....

8. DJSims

DJSims Member

Dysinger - This has nothing to do with cards -- Pre-squadding was done before the reduction offer - and paid for by the shooters. All who accept the reduction now may not fit on their original squad.

Those that accept the reduction -- Will now have to find a proper spot!

If a shooter chooses to refuse the reduction, it can help if the ATA office knows about it sooner rather than later

Doug Sims

9. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Doug, I hope you don't think I was picking on you. I've stood in squading lines at Phoenix for the Spring Grand for hours in the 70's and 80's and I know how pre squading works.

The point I was making is that your situation is one of those unintended consequences that happen when someone(the EC) makes a decision about something like the 2 yd reduction without researching it number one, and doing it in the middle of the season number two. It is going to create problems all summer and maybe for years, you just happened to be at the front of the line.

Hope your weather is nice for you all out their for the shoot, Tuscon is a nice place to shoot, I haven't been there for a few years now. My hunting preserve keeps me home in the winter.

I miss quail hunting around the club and out on some Indian reservation west of the club, I used to do that every winter. The locals that would take me used to shoot them on the ground while they were running. Brad

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Lines, most havn't seen lines like there used to be a Vandalia in the olden days. Every morning the line formed at the door and meandered down the street. The one good thing was with the food venders there you could have coffee and breakfast if you wanted while you waited. Plus the BS was in very plentiful.

Unfortunately when something like the reduction occurs there are always casualties and the problems that have to be worked out.

Don

11. DJSims

DJSims Member

Brad - You are spot on as far as "unintended consequences".

The presquad entry has been so successful the last few years that this upset will jam the cashier windows and may delay shooting. The short squads may outnumber the full squads.

You would not recognize the Tucson club, with the lease of 320 acres west of our original 80 acres, 50 total traps, 5 international bunkers, 14 combo skeet overlays, two walk thru clays courses, fresh parking lot gravel, 210+ motor home parking spots with 50 amps and sewer ---

We would welcome all shooters that choose to attend, and may exceed Phoenix in attendance in the future!

Doug Sims

12. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Good luck Doug with the shoot, I'd think shooters will know it's not you guys fault. Hope it's not the nightmare you fear. Brad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.