1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Grand - Pre squadding

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Tom Strunk, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Just want everyone to know that next Tuesday, November the 30th, pre squadding starts on PreSquad.com. Come enjoy the Arizona weather and have a good time. Hope to see you there.

Tom Strunk

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. DJSims

DJSims Member

Remember -- November 30 is Tuesday --

The web site opens on MONDAY night at midnight PST!!

Some shooters prefer to get premier spots (shooting times) early. The Spring Grand rotates field assignments, so their is no selection of traps on Presquad.com.

The 24 program traps all have good background for shooting.

Doug Sims

4. Rich Davis

Rich Davis Member

Tom
    Please call me
    Rich Davis
    760 -721- 2863

5. DJSims

DJSims Member

A day and one-half

Doug Sims

6. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

I for one wish that all pre-squadding was done at random, and the squad members and banks that you would be shooting on were completely unknown until the day of the event. What better way to help enhance your trapshooting experience? imagine shooting on the same squad as Leo or Harlan?, I mean don't they deserve the chance to shoot with that meddlesome, trouble making S.O.B. that we have to contend with on occasion? Why doesn't this happen? how better to distribute the cream for the bottom feeders by mixing it up?

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Twinbirds- What you suggested was done many years ago at the Grand. It caused a lot of problems and the make up traps were busy.

Pat Ireland

8. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

At the Autumn Grand I was told that there were 75 people on the waiting list for RV spots for the Spring Grand

9. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

I see, foul it up, so it goes away. Great tactic! guess that means it can't ever be done again! One of the ways to keep things under control.

10. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

When I started registering targets in the late sixties,
    you signed up and then had to look at the score board to see what your squad and position was.

They probly still took care of the big dogs but I was to naive to know it.

ed

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It pays to know people in high places. HMB

12. DJSims

DJSims Member

The Presquad.com website is open for squadding.

Doug Sims

13. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Tom:
    By the way, how have you been? It was great to shoot the Grand with you this year. We definitely will have to do it again soon.

Hope all is well!

Take care, Aaron Willoughby

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

Twinbirds,

Some of us travel a long way and want to shoot with friends. I have heard of "friends" calling chips for each other but that is NOT why most of us shoot with friends.

If you don't make an ass of yourself and shoot well, you will get invited to shoot on squads with good shooters. It is a great experience. Until you earn their respect, that will not happen.

Making a rule that affects all shooters for the sake of a few "bottom feeders" does not help the game. What is being done with random trap selection is fair and equitable. More major events should adopt that protocol.

Don Verna

15. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Thanks Aaron ---

The pleasure was all mine, I was very impressed with you. I would like to shoot with you at the Grand again. I'll talk to Rich at the Spring Grand and see if he wants to squad together again. Phil Simms is building him a ProSoft stock like mine for his new Perazzi.

I am keeping your business cards to give to anyone out here that is interested in buying a Kolar shotgun, there are a lot of them used here.

I brought my wife home after the grand, she's in bad shape and on Hospice care. I have hired nurses to care for her ten hours a day, seven days a week. I really love that woman, we have been together 28 years, almost 29.

I go hunting wild quail a couple of times a week. Usually walk around four miles thru the rocks and cactus and hills, keeps me in decent shape. I am a lucky man as I have six great bird dogs that really find, point, and retrieve the birds.

It's been cold here, I live at 5,000 ft. elevation and the morning temps here in Payson, Arizona have been 15 to 16 degrees every morning, and warms up to the high 40's or very low 50's, beautiful country here.

This message is a little long, I guess I should have private messaged you with this. I will P/M you with my cell phone number, call me whenever you want.

Tom Strunk

16. trap_shooter2000

trap_shooter2000 Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

That sounds good Tom! Take care, and hopefully see you guys soon! I sent you a PM.

Aaron Willoughby

17. white rattler

white rattler Member

Tom, I am thinking of you and your wife. I hope that you both can find some peace with what is going on. Your bad knee friend Trevor Dawe.

18. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

Never had a problem finding a squad to shoot on, but then didn't run around implying somebody else was an ass either. There are a lot of advantages to shooting with steady, solid fundamentally strong shooters, that enchance the shooting experience rather than detract from it. Trap shooting is an individual sport, not a team effort. I don't look to buddy up to anyone, but often let the luck of the draw introduce me other trapshooters, most are excellent, some are learning, and some need to think about something other than themselves. The real truth is when you are shooting great everyone wants to shoot with you, when you're banging around in the toilet, and not hitting much, that is when you are shooting with your friends because scores don't matter as much as the company does.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.