1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spring Grand low turnout?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fox32, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox32

Fox32 Member

It appears that the Spring Grand had a VERY low turnout with only a little over 200 shooters in the Championship Singles and only 293 for the Champioship Handicap. These are events that are usually full with 600 (or more) shooters. Why the low turnout? I would say that the economy is the main culprit. When the Grand has a decline the Sparta haters blame the ATA, location, BOD and anything or anyone else they can think of and never the economy. With the state of our economy we will see continue to see a steady decline in our sport.

2. setter

setter Member

Can we say, preliminaries! It starts next week!

3. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

PARKERGUY, the club didn't expect the crowd they got for the weeks preliminary shoot. Tomorrow, Monday, is the first day, a prelim day, then the Spring Grand begins.

Hap

4. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Starts tomorrow. I have never seen so many RVs here. Trapshooting is doing fine in Tucson. If you run a good shoot people will come. This proves it.

jim brown

5. TjayE

TjayE Member

PARKERGUY, What part of Illinois are you from?

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The Spring Grand is this week, last week was the week to get dialed in, situated and find all of the good places to eat this week ... The attendance will improve and so will the scores with all probability ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Vernal Rod & Gun

Vernal Rod & Gun Active Member

Spring Grand low turnout????

Maybe everyone is at some big pita shoot somewhere. Prelim week is over now and we had a he'll of a turnout for it . Lots of folks showing up this morning. Hopefully the weather gods will smile on us. Sean hawley

8. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

The AZ schedule lists a shoot at Casa Grande on the same dates. How was their turnout?

9. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Casa Grande did not have much of a turnout ,,the weather didn't help ,,,Mx8 Dave

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

the Grand has a decline the Sparta haters blame the ATA, location, BOD and anything or anyone else they can think of and never the economy .

Parkerguy Way to stick your foot in your mouth. You are from Illinois right .

Thanks

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I'm not sure what is going on but a few weeks ago Tucson had a shoot against Ben Avery CTC, according to some shooters who had been at Tucson and then came to Avery, the Avery shoot had a better turn out ... I can't say either way but I was at Ben Avery and they had a good to great turn out ... I'm not sure how or why this type of activity started happening but it sure cannot be good in the long run for any of the clubs involved ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Weather was bad in Tucson today. Windy and about midway through the pm handicap event soaking rain. Should be nice for the next two days, attendance should pick up too. Most of the usual vendors are here now, maybe a few more will show up before the weekend. Got to see Leo Harrison shoot the singles event, thrill for me, mucho smoke but he dropped one. Tucson puts on a nice event. gyrine

13. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

I know here in East Mesa we had a torrential down pour with high winds and a little hail with it in the early afternoon. Good PM to play on TS.LOL, Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.