1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

spray on graphite for shotmaker

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Coachr, Jul 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coachr

Coachr TS Member

You fellas using spray on graphite....how long do you let it dry before running shot?

Anyone else making shot in eastern NC?

ron s in Newport, NC

2. pduryee

pduryee TS Member

I get powdered graphite from the John Deere dealer ......about 1 tsp to 50 lbs tumbled in a cement mixer.

3. Coachr

Coachr TS Member

Maybe I misunderstood, is anyone using spray on graphite for the lip the shot drips onto?

I thought I read somewhere someone was.

4. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

works for inside and out rick

5. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

I us anti-seize

6. plott hound

plott hound TS Member

I have been using a spray graphite for my reclaimed shot. Dont have a good method to apply but still makes it go through reloader good.
    Plott Hound

7. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

if you dont make a lot of shot like some here do and use a cement mixer, they sell a 5gal bucket that is made to mix a bag of sack crete if you take 2 pieces of pipe and drive large nails in the sides of 4x4s. leave the heads stick out about 2in put the pipe over the nails and put mixer on top you can roll for about 5 to10 min to coat the shot rick

8. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Hmmm. I was lead to belive that the lip on a shotmaker was supposed to be coverd with plain ordinary chalk so that the shot was made to roll and form round spheres. It would seem to me that using graphite would make the lip slippery and the shot would not roll but slide and then be something other than round. Also the lip should be smoothed up some what but not too smooth or the shot will also slide not roll. Why reinvent the wheel? Just do it the way Jim Stewart recomends. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.