1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

*****Spotting Scope Wanted******

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skip, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Member

Does anyone have a spotting scope for sale?

I'm not familiar with what size is required to see a .22-.30 caliber hole at 100 yards and 200 yards.

Any suggestions please.

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

get a 4x optcial booster i sell. $125.00 what kind of scope are you using.

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

cc<a href="http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r195/smsnyder/?action=view&current=MVC-090S.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

4. skip

skip Member

I don't have a spotting scope. I'm ready to buy but don't know what to buy.

Most of my rifle shooting is with a M1 Garand or a model 1903 Springfield.

Getting tired of walking 100 or 200 yards to see if I hit the paper.

I was looking for suggestions on what size scope would allow a 30 caliber bullet hole to be seen at 100 and or 200 yards.

Thanks all

5. skip

skip Member

Thanks Sarge

If thats the price then I'll be walking 100 yards down range and 100 yards back.

I see several listed at under two hundred just didn't know if they were acceptable quality.

6. brantman

brantman TS Member

Skip what kind of stock do you have on your springfield? I have one that I want to shoot silos with,just want to sporterize it

7. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I have a very nice one I no longer use. I used it in the 70s for 100 and 200 yard shooting of my 270 Remington and my 30 cal carbine. Has been locked up since then.

It is a Kmart Focal 10X-30X D=30 ZOOM. Twist rear to zoom. Twist front to focus. Has aromatic coated lens. Code No.20-20-56 and was made in Japan. This is one that you look through like a scope.

I have a small camera type tri pod, with wrist sling, on it now.

Sell scope only for $35.00 and with tri pod included for $50.00. This may or may not be a good deal as I have had it a long time. Add shipping from 76116 and weighs a little over one pound. Worked great for me. Ray in Texas 817-244-7382.

8. BustClays

BustClays Member

You get what you pay for. Do not go small on the objective lens. 70-80 mm is minimal for 20-60X. If you are going to a Big Box store, bring a target with holes and post it on a distant wall to try it out. Go to a local range and see what everyone else is using and ask to have a look thru the lens. If you wear glasses, and most shooters do(should),see if you have long eye relief. An angled eye piece is more difficult to line up on your target, pointing it is not intuitive. Also if you use the scope for hunting, the angled eyepiece requires you to be offset above your scope, easier for game animals to see you. A straight eyepiece is very easy to point and will let you hunker down, hidden from view. Most important to try before you buy especially if you are trying to be frugal.

bustclays

9. Nikkisdad

Nikkisdad Member

If you are interested I have a Kowa TSN-821M with 27X angled eyepiece, includes cover. Not a mark on the scope, never used during inclemete weather always protected etc. May be a little pricey for you but it is one of the best that you can use for shooting. You can see 30cal holes at 200 plus yards. Will sell for $850.00 shipped and insured. Can supply pics if interested.
    Regards Manny

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

For 100 yard almost any 45X will work. 200 and more, clarity and light gathering become an issue, as well as the need for more power.

I have a Jason that is just good enough for the 100 yard, but a better one is on my shopping list.

Good stuff just makes it easier.

Get a Bushnell Spacemaster. You don't need to spend 800 bucks.

If you want to learn more, seek out some bird watching sites. They have the scope and binocular business dialed.

HM

11. Nikkisdad

Nikkisdad Member

I have had several spotting scopes, all I have to say is you get what you pay for when it comes to optics they are not cheap and you will be very happy with a quality scope. With the upper level scopes the clarity is there not so with the lesser priced scopes. It all depends how you are going to use it - but I will assure you that you will be happy with a Kowa and will never have to buy another one.

12. tp

tp TS Member

Skip, I have a very slightly used one that I bought just before I had to give up serious shooting. email me if interested, leave out the XX.

13. coyote_198

coyote_198 TS Member

If you'll E-Mail me I have one that will fill your needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.