1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE STATUS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by slugbug1, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

SPORTSMAN

This is pretty interesting...sorry if it's been on here before. Gary L. ftp://sportsmanswarehouse.com/documents/sw_reorganize_04-2009.pdf

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

I wish them luck. Trevor Dawe.

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

I bought from them once on a Gunbroker auction. AND then got hit with all their other fees at checkout. Ended up paying a ridiculous fee for shipping and handling. IIRC it was better than twice the listed shipping fee in the ad. I paid because I had made a contract to do so. Maybe there is a little bit of Karma here for all those they socked it to over the years.
    In the CEO's own words they Over borrowed and Over built and declared bankruptcy to get out of paying leases for 22 stores they closed. Interesting comment in the CEO's own words. "We entered bankruptcy with;1. Substantial cash reserves in excess of expected professional fees"

So they have the money but don't want to pay the bills they made a contract to pay because that would cut into his pocket change.

--- Chip King ---

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

They were open less than a year here in SE MI. The Dearborn MI store opened up and took alot of Gander Mountain people, then closed without notice about 8 months later. It was a nice store, yes it was over priced on a alot of things and cheaper on some.

Jerbear

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

More empty stores sitting idle in the shopping centers, thats just what we need ... Its down right scary to look at all of the closed and vacant stores sitting empty around here and more closing every day ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It really cheeses me off when sporting goods stores charge the full retail per their suppliers price sheets. But they really don't have a choice, because the suppliers tell them they'll get cut off if they go below a certain price except for "authorized" sales and clearing discontinued inventory. At least Mao Mart had the clout to stand up to this price fixing.<br.
    <br>
    It's interesting that the two big sporting dealers here are in trouble. Sportsmans Warehouse and GJ Joes (now just Joes). Joes went bankrupt and is liquidating everything. They have less than two weeks before the final door closing. And even then they initially jacked their prices up. Some of the items they had for a whooping 10% off bankruptcy sale had their prices raised to the point where you were still paying full retail. Pirates.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Usury claims another victim. They would have been much better off to finace expansion with profits instead of borrowed money.

Tonight the news says Obama claims our country is out of money.

rough ride coming.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
sportsman status

status for sportsman