1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sportsman's Warehouse rip-off. ... ??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

That has to be a local phenomenon. I was there yesterday(monday) and it was business as usual, no sales or re-marking.

This was in the Green Bay store.

someone needs to complain and get a manager disciplined.

HM

2. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

I don't know about other stores in the chain, but the one near Kennewick Washington doesn't put price tags on the individual boxes, just little signs in front of the stacks of ammo. Their ammo prices have never been that great here, neither have GI Joes. They always seem to be a buck a box higher than Bi Mart. I have also asked about the 10% discount on flats and no one in either store seems to have heard of their chains offering that option.

Though Sportsman's does have some good prices on certain items, they were also the first store out here to have shot at $50 a bag, and that was well before christmas.

3. halfmile

5 per cent on flats here. Wads and shot are on the high side for sure.

They don't seem to sell much. They are almost like some of the other clothing stores, only they put out better bait.

HM

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

What's the problem? It is their ammo. Can't they sell or not sell it for however much they want?

5. halfmile

They are 5.29, up from 5.19 in Nov. We get coupons (trap league) for 10 off on 50 dollars, so buying 11 boxes comes to 4.12 apiece.

They were pretty liberal with the coupons here and there, giving them out at fishing tournaments, etc, and to the shooting leagues.

If you keep your eyes out you can do ok. Dick's has taken their discount off, I'm not going there any more.

HM

6. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

The Sportman wh rehouse in Tucson still had the old price tag still on the Rifle and pistol ammo some had 27.99 then new tag had 31.99 per box didn't have the sense to take off the old tag. or maybe a employee just left them on so we could really see what kind of store they have.

7. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Similar stuff here in San Antonio. They have closed the store closest to the National Shooting Complex. Ron

8. DJM

DJM Member

Here in Minn. they have been liberal with the $10 off coupon on a $50 purchase. I pick them up at the trap club and at Sportsmen banquets. 4 lbs of Green Dot for $44 ain't too bad.

9. Pass103

Pass103 TS Member

I went to the NRA dinner and fund raiser last Sat. Dicks had a 10% discount coupon, not good on guns or ammo. Great gift at a NRA event. Fowl Frank

10. halfmile

Dick's is the worst of the 3. SW and Gander are the same stuff, different shovel.

Clothing is where they make there greatest profit. Remember that when you buy that 300 dollar gore-tex coat.

I have not had any twinges of conscience any time I got a chance to get the best of any of them.

They are clothing stores that put out bait in the form of sports equipment.

And I don't consider exercise machines sports equipment. What a joke.

Running shoes, yeah. And Shaq jerseys, that really gets my blood pumping.

HM

11. buttermilk

buttermilk TS Member

I was in the Springfield, Illinois Dick's store today shopping for items of interest to a fat trapshooter intending to become a thinner trapshooter.

Curiousity required a stroll past the ammunition section. Their everyday price for AA target loads is $7.99 a box. I giggled and sauntered on.

12. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Sportshot, That's why here in Michigan we have this.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Price%20Law/?action=view&current=Pricelaw1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d184/Jerbear1098/Price%20Law/?action=view&current=priceLaw2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Sportshot, had you walked up to the counter here they would have had to honor that marked price on the box, not the computer price.

Jerbear

I got a lot of crap on here for using this laws to my advantage with Walmart but this exactly why we have this law.

13. Heavy-D

Heavy-D TS Member

Iwas at sportsmens warehouse in se WI monday. Estates 5.29 went up to 6.29.
    Dale.

14. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

Drew we had a shooter who bought a new Vette. Gas and the tire he keep pealing out on were expencive,but when he got his Sportscar size insurance bill He sold it Jon

15. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I rarely shop at Sportsmans Warehouse anymore. Used to go there at least twice a month, and they aren't exactly "convenient" to me for location. They usually don't have what I want, and when I do find it, even Cabelas of all places has it cheaper, including shipping. Pity, I was really enthusiastic about them when they first came here.

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Sportshot I don't quite understand what the problem is what you have experienced is business as usual. If you had gone in last Saturday you could have bought the shells for the $5.29 price. You chose to go in Monday and the price is $6.79 if you go in Wednesday you will by it for $6.11 why does that distress you it is how all of the Big Box Stores do it.

Do you feel that they should wait until after the sale to increase the prices? Another thing to consider is the sale may be a sale that is at that store or that State's stores and the Corporate office tells them when to increase the prices not the local store.

In some States it is a law that the Items are marked with the Green stickers even though the shelf is clearly marked the law says that they must be marked with the stickers.

Bob Lawless

17. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Compared with my local Gander (a block from my local Sportman's) selling Top Guns for $7.99 and AA and STS at $8.99, I guess Sportman's is not that bad.

Prices are up everywhere. You seem surprised by it. The rumor has been out there for at least a year. I think I even read it here a time or two.

Two rules gentlemen - "let the buyer beware" on the consumer side and "whatever the traffic will bear" on the business side. It's the American way, at least until Obama is president and his party are in control.

Bob

18. kelly andersen

kelly andersen TS Member

They all do the same stuff. Gander has a big gun clearence sale on now, all they did was jack the price up and put the same price theyve had all last year on them. You have to do some shopping to get a good deal now days.

19. solechicken

solechicken TS Member

I've read the posts and something about the $5.29 price rang didn't ring right. I went to several "Wholesale" catalogs and price lists and found that the lowest 'Whohesale' price for Estate Target Loads is $5.90 for 1 oz loads and $6.10 for 1 1/8 oz loads. Add in freight to the dealer and a fair markup and you see why the price incease. Look for another jump soon.

20. halfmile

I'm told Green Bay raised the prices for the sale just after I left Tuesday.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sportmanwhrehouse