1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sportsmans Insurance Agency

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bridger, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

Has anyone bought one of their policies and ever had a claim? From what I understand they will cover losses through UPS or other common shipping carriers if all shipping regulations are required. I have to ship an expensive gun in a few months and the insurance premium for an entire year on that gun would be less than the insured UPS shipping even if you ship ground delivery. Makes me nervous not to buy coverage when I ship but Sportsmans says they'll pay if it gets lost although they said if I shipped by ground instead of next day air that they would cover the claim but not renew as they want you to ship the fastest way to avoid the chance of it getting lost. These guys are the least expensive coverage I could find and the only that says they would cover shipping losses.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

From the owner, Hollis Boss via 2 seperate replies to one question:

If you are shipping by UPS, DHL, FED.. EX or US Mail I suggest that you purchase atleast a couple or three thousand of insurance from the common carrier. Make sure the shipment is declared as a gun and that the carrier has placeds "Adult signatere of recepient require" The carriers all have such stickers.
    Hollis

Ian,
    Yes, the NSSA endorsed gun floater policy does cover items while in shipment. I suggest that you follow the reciommendation in my prior e-mail. If the carrrier has more than their free $100. at stake the percentage of successful deliveried is significantly higher.
    Hollis

Was never told if I shipped ground the policy wouldn't be renewed, although I guess it is their prerogative to renew your or not, whether you have a claim or not, esp if you are assessed to be high risk, there are always other insurers if you couldn't get SIAI to renew you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.