1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sportsman's Den shopping trip.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1oldtimer, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Sportsman

Went to Shelby,Oh to the Sportsman'Den to do a little shooting shoppin. 1/18/13.
    Most everything was in reasonable stock. Most brands & calibers of handguns were available.
    Shot was $37.99 per bag
    Hornady 45 Colt box of 20(premium) $19.99
    Fio Shotgun primers were per sleeve $114.95
    Fed TG 12 ga. 3 dram 7-1/2--1 1/8 oz. per flat $51.99
    Longshot powder 8 lb. jug $129.99
    Many items were marked with new price stickers. Most powders were avail. Out or short on some.
    STS shell flats $72.99
    Fed " " $71.00
    AA " " $80.00
    Business was brisk,but no line ups. Did not notice excessive hoarding.
    They are a high volume operation with very knowlageable employees, fair prices.I have purchased numerous guns etc. from them. A good place to deal
    with.
    Clyde D

2. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

I just called. They have no 7.5, 8, 8.5 or 9 shot. No 28 gauge HS wads either. Must have been a heck of a rush to sell everything from Fri till now!!!

3. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

In my opinion there customer service is less than desirable, trying to get assistance in that place is next to impossible, especially at the gun counter. I've called several times in the past to confirm they have a certain gun, powder, or shot size in stock and been told that they do and that they will set it back for me to pick up the same day. Upon arrival I'm told they are out of what ever I came to get, this has happened several times. They deliberatly tell you that they have something in stock when they know they don't have it just to get you in the store. So, fin feather and fur outfitters in ashland get the majority of my business. I buy ALOT of componets to take to southern ohio with me to sell to the shooters that can't otherwise get the componets they want. Shot is more expensive at the Fin but they have a much better selection on everything and a better price on 90% of there items. BYG

4. mikkeeh

mikkeeh Active Member

BYG: What was Fins price on shot? I was there a couple weeks ago....i thought they were 37.99 then.

5. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Sportsmans den is $37.95 and Fin is $38.95. BYG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.