1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sportsman gun insurance

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bobm, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobm

bobm TS Member

I would like their phone number and any comments from people who may have dealt with them.

I believe they are located in Florida.

Thank's for the information.

Bob. M

1/15/08

2. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

They are great. I tripped with my gun. They covered all expenses including a re-blue, stock repair, stock refinish and all shipping. They would have paid for a complete new stock if mine wasn't repairable.

They also said not to pay for shipping insurance to my repair people since theft was covered.

Nice people to deal with. I don't have the number handy but I'll dig it out if nobody has it.

Jerry

3. gordy h

gordy h Member

I have there insurance through the ATA 1-800-925-7767, never had to use them but talked to them on the phone. they seemed ok. Butch H

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I have used them since they went into business. Use them with confidence. Make sure that all upgrades and doo dads are insured as well.

6. Shooting Coach

Dear Troller

The insurance is for some miscreant stealing a gun, or repairing damage done to it, and watch your mouth. Kids and ladies read this stuff.

I'm old, but can still kick a young pup's behind. I train Law and Security Enforcement in Open Hand Defense, which means kicking a non compliant offender's butt with no weapons.

Go back and clean up your post. It has class, but it is LOW. ;^(

7. leadvail

leadvail Member

I had to get quotes for our Clubs insurance. I was told that SIAI was endorsed by the ATA and they are competive. I contacted them by phone and everything was great untill I said we also sponsor a Gun Show once a year. OH MY GOD was the response from the lady on the other end. Don't you know that people get killed at gun shows and that they are responsible for killing people. Needless to say it wasn't pretty, me being a life NRA member. She said send the application in anyway if I want, so I did and they refused to give a quote.

Anyway, ACE insurance through fellow shooter Diane Crawford(Trap and Field) gave us the best rate and who we have now.

Thanks, Bob Semsack

8. Shooting Coach

It was that guy who had 123 in his handle, and nothing he said is fit for use in mixed, or any company. The Mod took out the trash.

Diane is a great person, a Trap shooter, and shoots caps on the Back Yard. Classy lady, and easy on the eyes. Nice gun collection, too! LOL

When I looked for insurance for my training business, everything went well until I mentioned Law Enforcement, Lehtal and Less Lethal Weapons, and (Pain) Compliance Techniques. Oh well, but for Clay target shooting and firearms, Sportsman's Insurance works.

9. Bridger

Bridger Member

I'm looking for some additonal coverage for firearms and so far this agency is the least expensive at $1.25 per $100 of coverage. My homeowners carrier wants $1.50 but said they absolutely will not cover a loss through UPS or USPS if an item gets lost during transit unless you can prove theft and from what they said if its just missing its not considered theft. Sportsmans says they will cover loss in transit if all UPS or USPS shipping rules are followed.They tried to tell me that included shipping by overnight which is a UPS shipping requirement only for handguns not shotguns or rifles but she didn't want to believe that so I am not sure how you would come out if a loss occurred. I have to ship an expensive gun soon and if I do not have to insure it through UPS the difference in shipping cost would almost pay for the years premiium through Sportsmans. But it sounds like they could try and find a way out of paying the claim by their interpretation of shipping requirements. Other than that it sounds like good coverage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.