1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sportmans Guide shipping method: UPS to USPS

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by sernv99, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

so I ordered a couple of shirts from Sportsman's Guide....they gave me two tracking numbers....one for a UPS tracking number for when it leaves their warehouse to travel via UPS....and then a second tracking number for USPS, for when UPS drops it off at my local Postal sort facility and USPS takes over to deliver it to my house.

Someone is not following the KISS rule: Keep It Simple Stupid.....just had to ask if anyone else has received any shipment like this, where the initial carrier hands off the package to another carrier for final delivery.

2. oz

oz Active Member

I've gotten several like this. I told the UPS driver that I don't like/trust the USPS. they have screwed up many times. UPS is always here when the tracking says it will be. UPS delivers to the door. USPS might get it in the mailbox. oz

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Fed Ex does the same thing sometimes. I've ordered things from various companies and given a Fed Ex tracking #. The PO ends up delivering the package. I thought it was just me.

Matt

4. missemucho

missemucho Member

Amazon "free shipping" for one sends things via Fedex bulk then it's tendered to the Post Office for the local postal rate. Cheaper for them because the PO stops at every house everyday and their local zone prices are the least expensive. The problem is if the Fedex shipment goes thru MS it seems to disappear into a black hole for days. UPS has the best tracking system; the PO's is worthless. However, the Post Office insurance, should you need it, will pay. My experience with UPS is heaven help you if they lose or damage something; their goal is avoid payment at any opportunity.
    John
    (Retired after 35 yrs with the USPS)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.