1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Sporting Clays Target Counter Systems

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by timb99, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Gang,

Back in August I posted for feedback on the Briley coin-op system, versus the card-operated systems.

I got some excellent feedback.

We changed our 3 skeet fields to the Briley coin-op and so far it is working out well.

As far as our sporting clays course goes, we have a 12 station sport course with mostly Promatic target machines (Promatic is in our local neighborhood, and their machines seem to work well.)

We are looking into a "counting" system either with cards or coins for the sport course, and I was wondering what some of your experiences might be on the various systems available.

Of course, Promatic has a card-based counter system that is supposed to work well with their machines, so we are looking at that.

I got feedback in August from Flalagarto on the "Long Range Trap Release System Target Key"

What others have you seen?

Thanks in advance for feedback.

Tim Bruggeman

Powder Creek Shooting Park - Lenexa, KS

2. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

My club uses a key system. I like it a lot. You can shoot by yourself if you want and put in any delay you want. We can come and go as we like 7 days a week. You let yourself in and leave when you want.

3. hose 'em down

hose 'em down Member

Tim,

You'll do well to check out the card reader system from Golden West Industries (www.goldenwestind.com). Not the cheapest but certainly easy to use for both shooters and management. It's been in use here in Phoenix at the Ben Avery clay target range and the Rio Salado Sportmens Assn. on both of their sporting ranges for some time now. Ben Avery, run by the AZ Game and Fish Dept. also has it on their Trap and Skeet and 5 stand fields.

Ernie

4. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

I used the Long Range key system on the practice course at NSCA Nat’ls and loved it. Quick and easy.

Be sure to call GP Traps-Kansas. They have traditionally had the best price on Long Range stuff and have been great to deal with.

5. bkms

bkms Member

Mississippi game and fish commission has a sporting clays range outside of Jackson that uses a counter system. You carry a counter with you as you shoot the course. You plug it in at each station and you can have i believe three options to choose from. Regular (push button), Time delay (push button), and automatic delay. Been so long since i shot i forgot for sure. If you want to call them the number is 601-966-8414, The range is called Turcotte. Bob..

6. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Active Member

Tim, We have a sporting clays course down here which is the finest in Florida. They used to have a box that you carried around which counted the targets and worked OK, but it was bulky to carry around. They have since swiched over to the key system, which is great for use shooters. Very easy to carry around and use at all the stations. I suggest you contact the club and see how they like it. Quailcreekplantation.com. They have a nice website with all the contact info on it you need. Phone,fax, and E-mail as well. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

8. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

9. grunt

grunt Active Member

Call mike at Golden West..

10. coaching

coaching TS Member

The perfect counter system has'nt been mad yet. The old Claymate system with the box you carried was the best when it came out but time moves on. The Due Matic system that Golden West has isn't a bad ststem but the card you use cost about $10.00 each and there are other minor problems. I think at the present time the new Clay Mate system that Pro Matic sells is the best going. I've used them all,just my take on all the systems.

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

12. sptnclays

sptnclays Member

patsos

For Sale:

Complete clay target center counting system. The system includes the following slightly used Claymate equipment:

18 - Sporting Clay Claymates (18 stations)
    40 - Counters
    New Price $19,750
    Our Price $12,800

18 - Controll boxes that will let this claymate system controll 4 traps per station. You can overlay 2 course on 1.
    New Price - N/A
    Our Price - $125 each

2 - Claymate Evolutions (5-stand, fitasc controller)
    New Price $1,995 each
    Our Price $1,100 each

2 - Claymate Multitrap (controls up to 8 traps - counts, throws singles, doubles and report pairs, solo shooter capable)
    New Price N/a
    Our Price $800

This sytem works flawlessly, I am just looking to upgrade to the newest system.
    If you are interested in any of this equipment please contact:

Pat Lieske
    PLieske251@aol.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.