1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sporting Clays Coach on tv last night

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sliverbulletexpress, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I was watching one of the shooting shows last night which featured a Sporting Clays coach he used to be a football player I think. Can't remember his name but anyway he was telling his students how the biggest piece went to the left and just plain reading the breaks to adjust his student. I just kept thinking Neil is going to be on in a minute and straighten this out. LOL

After looking at the video's Neil has convinced me that reading the breaks is pretty much BS. I was a firm believer before I saw those video's but I just can't ignore the truth.

2. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Dave Butts. Seemed like a nice guy and he was donating his time to raise money for the Boy Scouts, but I was thinking the same thing when he was trying to give shooters meaningful information by calling where the target broke...

3. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I am a true believer in reading the breaks, have been doing it for years and I honestly believe you can tell what a shooter is doing by watching his or nher breaks, I use a score pad and use my intrepretation of the breaks to tell what a shooter is doing before making any adjust ments on their gun.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dave was at a charity Sporting Clays shoot here several years ago. He was a great football player. He tried to help out some Sporting shooters. He was a great football player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.