1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

sporting clays at the Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bridger, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bridger

Bridger Member

Several of us from our area are headed to the Grand on Thursday to spend a couple of days and just enjoy the event. We've talked about trying out the Sporting Clays range. Only a couple of the guys shoot any sporting on a regular basis. What are the courses like? I imagine we'll want to try the easiest one available. What chokes would we need ? We're not too serious about this and I think most of us are going to bring sxs and just have some fun. How busy is the sporting clays range during the Grand? Thanks

2. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Gold field is the North course can be tough

South course good one to start on open to lt mod allyou need

Golf cart not required but makes it much easier

jpark

3. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Just show up and shoot it. I shot it with my duck gun on Saturday and had a ball. Whatever you have for a gun is fine. They do not discriminate.

4. hammer-time

hammer-time TS Member

As was point out, the north course is usually set the toughest and the south, the easiest. With that said, very seldom does Dennis set targets of any distance. You can probably shoot cylinder, skeet, and IC for 95% of the courses. You might need LM for a couple. Almost always, every bird on the course can be broken with regularity with IC and I seldom change. The north course has 2 small hills (both are circular tracks) and the south only 1 I believe. Walking is not a problem for any but those in deteriorated physical condition. I shot sporting last year during the Grand on Saturday and there weren't many folks on the courses. Nothing like during a tournament anyhow. My wife and I will be down there again this weekend either Saturday or Sunday.

5. gold40

gold40 Member

I shot the South course at Sparta last Saturday. Very pleasant, and well maintained. Cost is only $28/100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.