1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sponsorship for a Junior Shooter?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Proud Mom, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proud Mom

Proud Mom TS Member

My name is Hilary and I am the proud mother of Sam a junior trap shooter. Many of you already know Sam and have shot with Sam on the line. Sam dreams of one day being scouted by a University are now becoming a reality. Sam just turned 15 this past March. As a single mother I have been doing my best at getting him to all the big shoots with leader boards. Most recently the Arizona State Shoot. Sam is now tying in most events and going into shoot offs. I am so proud of his focus and etiquette in this sport.

Most of you that know me will see me carrying his ammo and keeping his blood sugars stable while he is shooting. Sam is Type 1 Diabetic. I always joke with a few of you that the next time you see me and I am wearing the same clothes it is due to no sponsorship help yet. As his mother I want to get him to all the big shoots and the 2012 Grand American. But I have limited resources. I could use all of your help and point me in a direction to get ammo sponsorship (he shoots Winchester Super Target) and possibly entry fee sponsorship. Sam has dreams and goals in this sport. Please help me help him to continue shooting. I am going broke and his father refuses to help his talented son. Sam will not let you down. I would love to get him to the Golden West Grand in May and then the California State Shoot this June and then the Grand American. Thank You for considering helping my son Sam. Please send me a private message. I have had a couple of mean emails, just to be clear I am not asking for a hand out, but a direction to help Sam achieve his dream of receiving a shooting scholarship.

Sincerely,

Proud Mom

2. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Sam's Mom, you came to the right place, that's all I gotta say...

4. Proud Mom

Proud Mom TS Member

Thank You! Please help get the word out.

5. THE REBEL

THE REBEL TS Member

PM me your address i will send you something for sam THE REBEL

6. Bluzman98

Bluzman98 Member

Here we go again.

Jim C

7. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

So are you looking for help with your son's shooting fees or money to buy new clothes for yourself?

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

If you guys have some left over, I would be happy to receive also! Thanks in advance, Tom Rhoads

9. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My check is in the mail!! lmao

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

we goin on another roll with this one. She reminds me of the family ( three boys and the father) who stand at the corner driveway at the local grocery. They drive up in a motorhome, a saturn and a toyota and they beg for help

11. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

This "lady" has some huge balls - this is from the Phoenix Craigslist.

My son Sam is coming to shoot the Arizona State Shoot March 21 - 25th. Sam is looking once again for your help and sponsorship so he can shoot. He is shooting all events 900 rounds. Mom is paying for entry fees, gas, hotel and lots of food. Sam just turned 15 and the Universities are already scouting him. Please help him reach his dream. He needs 12 gage Winchester Super Target 1200 fps, 3 Dram 7 1/2 or 8 Shot. Please keep in mind Sam will never let any of his sponsors down. Sam is Type 1 Diabetic and wants to make a difference showing other diabetic children you can achieve your dreams and goals. Google his name Sam Cashen Shooter he is for real and please help him attend this shoot.

Please do not flag this he needs sponsorship

Thank You,

Proud Mom
    619-468-3198

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Sam Cashen - CA - 91.17% 16's - 89% 20 yrd line - 81% doubles

13. dgh

dgh Well-Known Member

Nothing against your son lady..

But when I was younger and was seeking sponsorship in my endeavors I personally set out to do this for me. I did not have people do it for me,,

You need him to be the one asking,, How will he be in college if someone is asking everything for him?

Teach him some independance

Oh and I could use a pallet of hard 7 1/2 shot if any of ya'll want to send, I promise to leave it at the gun club when I am done with it

14. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

If he can dunk a basketball, I'm sure Louisville, Ohio State, UNC would love to "sponsor" I loaded traps as a kid for a while and worked in my dad's stores.

Bob Gibson
    Charlotte,NC

15. rjstubbl

rjstubbl Member

I am a past Junior All-American. The purpose of real college is not sports (unless you are going pro). The colleges offering scholarships when I was in that position only wanted trapshooters and not students and it was reflected in the degrees that were obtained by many of my friends. If a college scholarship is the main goal, I don't believe trapshooting is the way to get it. Perhaps trapshooting should be kept as a hobby and more practical ways of funding college should be the concentration, such as an academic scholarship.

That said, I think it great that your son loves trapshooting, but trapshooting doesn't get many people very far in life. Focusing on a good college education rather than a trapshooting college education will ensure he will be able to shoot in the future.

16. APrice

APrice Active Member

Deja vu all over again...

17. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Watch the end. The shell box didn't look like Winchester.
    <object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TDYFuQ-pwQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5TDYFuQ-pwQ&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

In all honesty, your son may be a fine youngman but with those averages I don't see any college recruiting him. There are kids his age standing on the 27 and breaking 97+ in the 16's.

Don

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Is this the same kid who's mother was on here a year or two ago ..? If any college or any body else was scouting him, he would have a sponsorship already ... You might want to get a second job if he can't work due to his illness, but then he couldn't shoot either ... Suck it up and support him if he can't or won't support his own bad habits ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

The gal doing the interview is hot. Im sending my donation to her.
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

junior trap shooting sponsorships

sponsorships for junior shooters

trap shooting sponsorship