1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mooshkat, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

Can anyone tell me if i can safely use the 11/8 oz spolar windjammer style wad for 1oz. loads? I have about 1300 of these wads but would like to go back to reloading 1oz. loads. The lady at Spolar wasnt sure, but was leaning towards the negative side. Thanks Dave

2. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Some guys I know that use 1-1/8 wads for 1oz. loads, drop a spent primer in the wad before they drop the shot. Wayne

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Why guess? Contact the powder company whose powder you are going to use and ask thhem. I've emailed questions and gotten prompt responses each time.

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

The Spolar gold wad is the equivalent of the standard Windjammer wad listed in most reloading tables, use it accordingly and you will be fine. I know of several shooters who have loaded one ounce loads with success.

Robert

5. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

These work great for 1oz loads when using a "bulky" powder e.g. GreenDot, Solo1000, etc.
    Use them in A-A HS hulls and you will get better crimps due to less internal volume.

AndyH ;-)

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Use only AA or remington hulls.. drop your starter crimp a tad.. and load away..

7. mooshkat

mooshkat Member

Thanks guys, i am going to start loading 1oz. of shot in these 11/8 oz. loads. I think i will do like john says and just change out the bushing.

8. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

At one of the Grands, I was looking to buy a new reloader. I spent a lot of time with the Spolar. On a lark i asked To see what it took to change to a one ounce load. All he changed was the bushing. He still used the Spolar Gold 1 1/8oz wad, and crimps were fine.

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Another plus for the Spolar Gold wads is that slick plastic...little or no build up of plastic gunk in your barrel!

Besides...Dicksie is still a cutie!

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

spolar wads