1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar Wads in STS hulls?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Avaldes, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Is anyone running Spolar wads in STS or Nitro hulls? Dixie told me to use the AA wad data as an equivalent for the Spolars. Has anyone else had good success with this combo?

-Aaron

2. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I use the Windjammer info on the Alliant site when loading STS hulls with Windjammer, DRM Winjammer replacements or the DRM Spolar Gold wad. I like the results and have had no problems with any.

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

The Spolar are excellent in STS hulls = 19.6 International/ AA primer/ 1 1/8 oz.#8 shot for singles = dead bird. Fred

4. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

The Spolars are a fine wad and work great in the Spolar machine. Dixie, had Kevin at Downrange make quite a number of samples until they found the one that fit their need. If you are going to get a great loader, why not buy the wads that work best with their machine.

Kevin has had a few requests for a similar wad for a NON Spolar machine. It, like the Spolar wads, uses a premium plastic that costs a little bit more to make. They are made in limited production and I bought the last 14 bags of them last time I was there. They are the slickest wad I have seen. I don't have a picture of them on the web site yet. Will post if I get one.

This is the story I have heard. Dixie or Kevin will come along and tell us if I left anything out.

5. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

OK JM - the gauntlet has been been thrown down [or slapped across the face] - a 16 yard challenge shoot this Saturday at Oak Tree with or without the wind!! Oooo! I get a three bird handicap because of my elderly age and good looks. And if you were back at a manley man's yardage [instead of 21] we could do that too. I am trying to get in physical shape by doing 100 gun ups [easier than push ups] a week... no sense over doing it. See you at Oak Tree?? Fred

6. flyfish

flyfish Member

I am using Spolar Wads in STS and Nitro shells in a new Spolar reloader. The shot string is patterning well and I seem to be getting harder hits and more smokeballs. I agree with an earlier thread - if you have a Spolar reloader, why not use the wad which was designed to optimize its use?

7. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Oooooo.... I am scared. Fred

8. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

So has anyone patterned with this wad as compared to the figure 8 Remington? I understand that it works well with the reloader, but I also need to know how it performs.

-Aaron

9. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

This wad broke 97/100 in a Mach One Feb. 3, 2007. Fred

10. Bomber61

Bomber61 Member

I will be shooting at Oaktree just to see the spolar wad shootout.

Gary

11. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

OK, You guys were having so much fun, I went and snapped a picture of one of Downrange's Premium wads (DRV-12-P) to put on my web site. Notice it is a 4 petal wad where the Spolar Gold wad is 8 petals. They are in limited supply in Omaha and Topeka KS. I would still use the Spolar wads IF I had one of them pretty Spolar machines! IMHO

12. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

I use them for pot shooting loads, breaking birds out at 80+ yards.

13. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

John,

Where is the hydraulic unit, I never knew they came with handles.

14. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

If John could shoot as well as he reloads -- well you know the story. "Pull, bang, oh s--t!" Fred

15. gotbass

gotbass Member

spolar wads, sts hulls, 19.5 gr of Rex 2, Cheddite primer, 1 1/8 shot good to go, oh yes PW loader
    The spolar golds are tremendously slick. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

spolar gold wads