1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar Vibrator Problem

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Terry Patterson, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terry Patterson

Terry Patterson TS Member

Call Spolar.

2. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Jim, Do you mean the rpm's are different when the motor is attached? Can you measure the voltage at the back of the motor to see what's going on?

3. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Jim, I understand how it works, I have a similar setup on my PW. From your description it sounds like the motor rpm is too low to vibrate properly. That is why I ask about the voltage at the motor. If the rpm changes when the motor is moved the voltage is probably changing. Check for loose connections as you say it has been moved. Is there a power supply in the black box that plugs into a 120v outlet?

4. JRW

JRW Member

After looking at my spolar, I would say you mounted it corretly. Could it be possible the wires got crossed on motor? Jerry in MI.

5. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

Jerry in MI. That shouldn't make any difference, the motor would just turn the opposite direction.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Sounds like an evil Wolverine got into it.

Seriously Spolar should have the answer because if it works in your hand why wouldn't it work on the tray. Now you are going to make me check mine tonight.
    Let us know the results.

Don

7. skip

skip Member

Is it possible you bent the motor mount and the counter weight is hitting something instead or rotating.

The moter will run the other way if the wires are incorrectly attached. I remember Dicksie telling me the motor is supposed to turn in one direction, it might be clockwise as vied from the front.

Check for proper clearance around the counter weight.

8. Cush

Cush TS Member

I'm wondering if the weight has come loose from the drive shaft. Given how violently mine vibrates, I don't see how it could NOT vibrate your primer tray if it is connected to it, unless the weight is loose. Good luck and let us know.

9. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Cush - are you the Cush from Alaska?

10. hitpair

hitpair TS Member

I had to replace my motor after 6 years. Radio Shack stores have them for about $5, same size shaft and looks identical, works perfect.

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jim you are making great strides. You are the 1st Buckeye who ever admitted to making a mistake.

I'm glad you solved the problem and I will remember it for my own well being.

Don

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jim; I might make it sunday. I'm on this new diet so I will have to settle for a handshake.

Don

13. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Jim found out that in unpacking he had inadvertently use a 6V DC transformer from some other application instead of his 12V DC one.

I located the correct one and is not reloading happily.

Whiz

14. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Whiz,
    How the heck did you find the right one for him, you being in SD Jim being in Ohio?

He left a general telephone message, asking me to call at 7:30 am, I called him back the first time, to find out what kind of problem he was having at 12:30 pm, he told me about the motor being slow, I called him back again at 1 pm and left a message telling him to check the voltage. Pray tell, what was it you did Whiz and when?
    Dicksie Spolar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.