1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar Updates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by eric, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Crusing Spolar's website and notice they now have on the machines a Low Primer Warning System and an Electronic shot, powder and primer settling system. My machine is about 6 years old and does not have these features. For those of you with a newer loader, exactly what are those?

2. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

The low primer warning is the little red LED behind the primers. The settling system is the "buzzer." I bet your loader already has these.

3. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

The new primer cup is worth getting. No more tipped primers. Easy to install; just don't over tighten the brass holder that threads into the base.
    Read, and I mean, read the directions and you will not shear off any threads.
    :)
    Dave

4. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

I totally agree on the new primer cup system. I was getting as many as 2 or 3 tips out of each 10 shells, even though I had tried to adjust the set screw on the female primer slide many times. I got the new cup and bolt and loaded almost 4 full flats before I had a tip. A most desireable upgrade.

5. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I rarely got a tipped primer on either Spolar, but when I heard about the cup update, had to get one...actually 2. The landing zone is no longer a socket head cap screw, but a flat machined surface. Surprised me how stable the primer was upon landing, compared to before. The one and only primer feed issue I have had since getting the new cup and screw is a hanging primer in a Remington that they do occasionally. Very worth while update.

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

The low primer light was an option. Not really necessary... just look at the track. The new cup is a requirement... will order one soon. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.