1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Spolar troubleshooting DVD

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bpeeples, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpeeples

bpeeples TS Member

I have the Spolar and have loaded almost 10K shells without issue, since Sept 2011. I am wondering if the trouble shooting DVD is a recommended purchase. It would be worth it to me, if I ever need it, but I hate to buy something I am never going to need.

I will be grateful for your input.

Thanks,

Ben Peeples.
  2. krieghoff80

krieghoff80 Member

3. Shooter R

Shooter R TS Member

I just visited the Spolar site. And if I were ever thinking of buying one, I just decided: NO! The fact that they charge over $1500 for one is OK, but then to charge a customer $15 for a trouble shooting DVD is beyond belief. Keep your DVD and your reloader.

I'd rather buy a Ponsness Warren.
  4. Didreckson

Didreckson Member

Shooter R,

The Spolar comes with a DVD. I don't know if the troubleshooting DVD is different, but owning two different Spolars, I have never felt the need for a "fix it" DVD.

I must confess that keeping it very clean, I only use first rate components, and never leave it full of powder, and have never had an issue in several years of use. I have used the pull handle when the first one was new, hydraulic and now electric drive. If you do have a question or concern, any of the Spolar gang will answer your question immediately and accurately. As would Whiz on a PW for that matter.

PW makes a fine loader as well, and considerably less expensive. I would not let a $15 piece of plastic keep me from a Spolar, but to each their own.
  5. cunninmp

cunninmp TS Member

I have the DVD (Troubleshooting) and think it's very worthwhile.
    When we spend as much money as we do in this sport on guns and fee's,
    then $15.00 is nothing.
    When you have the top of the line loader, it just makes sense to
    learn everything you can about it.
    I bought the DVD with the loader and was glad I did. Learned a lot.
    I use Remington primers 80% of the time. By following the suggestions
    in the DVD and as Darrel say's keep it clean, you will have a
    trouble free loader for life.

Mike Cunningham
    Groveland, CA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.