1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar Shellfeeder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Chichay, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

I believe P/W makes it. Thinking of installing one on my Spolar. Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has it and/or has experience with it. Thanks. Chichay

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

The common wisdom is that you dont want to use that and a hydro or electric unit on the loader at the same time

Not sure about that but I have read that and also read about a lot of adjustment and getting it right issues with the shellfeeder. So if you are not mechanically inclined you might want to pass

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Tdog

Tdog TS Member

Check out the YOUTUBE video above. I don't know if this guy is offering his system for sale or not but it looks like it works quite well with the electric drive unit.

4. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I have used a Spolar with both hooked to it and it works great.

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

The question I have is who made it? I would like to know.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Ponsness Warren makes them.

7. Shoot682

Shoot682 TS Member

I have one as well on my PW reloader. Works great, but it is only for 12 guage.

8. citadel

citadel Active Member

It also helps to drill out the top of shell seating post and glue or epoxy in a small metalic or ceramic magnet flush with the post. The magnet grabs the steel primer when the shell seats on the post and holds the shell centered on the post and avoids possible misalignment. I did this on both my PW and my Spolar 12ga loaders. I got the idea from Whiz White.
    Both loaders have the shell feeder and both work fine with either the hydro on the Spolar or the electric drive on the PW. It does help to be a bit mechanically minded as there is some adjustment from time to time but they are a great addition to the reloading process.
    Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.