1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar set up?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shark1, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shark1

shark1 Member

What size hole hog or drill bit should I use on my reloading table? I purchased the template, but any other suggestions would be appreciated. Please not I have not taken possession of this machine yet. Thank you, Michael Sharkey, DC

2. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

why don't you wait to get it before drilling anything

3. shark1

shark1 Member

I want to buy the right tools (in advance) for when it does arrive I can start the set up. Michael Sharkey, DC

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

IIRC 1/4 bolt is a very close fit in the base so I believe I drilled 5/16 holes in the desk top. If you contact Whiz White he has a great kit with allen head bolts that match the counter bore in the plate so they sit almost flush. He has them in different lengths as well.

--- Chip King ---

5. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Having gone through Mec, then P/W and finally Spolar, I suspect you would be well served to not actually drill the holes until the unit is in your loading room. Whiz has a terrific template, but it is for 800+/2000 unit. P/W is a bit wider than the Spolar as I recall, or possibly narrow. Spolar has a template, but once you have the unit you will be good to go.

I would have a 5/16 drill bit on hand. I believe they are 1/4" fasteners. I have a drawer full of socket head, SS, and other varieties getting the perfect fastener. Then of course there are the fender washers, regular washers and lock washers just to be sure on the bottom side.

If making a shell drop, you will need a large enough hole saw to accommodate your pvc piping. If you go large on that, you will need a very large drill motor to chuck up the mandrel for the hole saw, as they get much larger with the size of the hole saw. Once all put in place, you have the ultimate re manufacturing system for reloading shotgun shells.

6. powder-em

powder-em Member

Could not make myself drill my countertop. Solid wood, from bowling lanes. Front drop is the way to go.

7. powder-em

powder-em Member

I drilled just four 5/16" holes to put down a piece of 1/2" aluminum plate that I predrilled for my spolar , PW 800 Plus and Mec that I use for differtnt applications. My loaders tap into the aluminum. Just no big drop hole for the shells in the solid wood. If I stop loading I can put in four wood plugs and never know I used it for loading. All good Dave

8. powder-em

powder-em Member

Sorry about the pics I think I have it down to just the one now.

9. VNVET

VNVET Member

The mounting bolts that came with my Spolar are 5/16". I strongly suggest you wait until you get the machine.

Jim

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

BigMac
    If I stop reloading I will be dead. My heirs will have 11 machines to dispose of.

I admire your set up. Nice job!

Don Verna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.