1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar Reloading bench-Opinions needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Longhorn, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

I'm moving my spolar to the basement from the garage. Do any of you have their custom bench? If so, is it worth the money? If not, do any of you have basic plans that could be used for a decent bench?

2. smoke100

smoke100 TS Member

I looked at their bench - it is well-constructed and probably ideal if you want a bench to be used only for shotshell reloading though shipping costs could be fairly high.

I wanted a bench to which I could mount the Spolar and hydraulics, have room for metallic reloading with a Dillon or Star and not be over 60 inches in length to fit in my home office/hobby room. I used two 3/4" thick pieces of MDF (NOT particle board) glued and screwed together, cut to 60 x 26 and covered on top and sides with a laminate (Formica, etc) for the bench top. It is bolted to a steel frame using of 1/4" x 2 x 2 "angle iron" is underneath and parallel to the hydraulic plate. The Spolar is mounted at one end and the hydraulic hoses run over the side to the hydraulic unit underneath. The leaves the remaining bench for other uses. It is absolutely rigid and ended up costing roughly the same as the Spolar since I had the top and a lower shelf (for the hydraulic unit and components) made by a custom laminating company. The advantage is that is more versatile than the Spolar.

Hope this is of help.

dad

3. powder-em

powder-em Member

My bench as I diden't want to cut a hole in the top I made a front drop. Works great. Hope this helps. Dave<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

4. powder-em

powder-em Member

Please excuse the mess it wasn't picked up at all. I had just finished loading. All good Dave

5. deadpair

deadpair Member

I have their bench and I think it worth every penny they get for it. Solid and no flex with the hyd. on the loader. 1st class all the way.

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm not at all familiar with the hydraulics and compressors for a loader but I have a small Coleman for my garage. What kind of noise are we talking about?

7. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have the Spolar bench - very well made - and its rather compact, too. If you have the hydraulics, it goes together perfectly. My only "complaint" is that the drawer is not on good drawer guides but otherwise, its excellent.

Eric

8. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Eric,
    I Just recently became aware of a problem with the drawer not moving correctly when the rollers have paint on them. Remove the drawer and check. If this is not the problem, please call and we will try to figure out what is wrong and take care of it.
    Dicksie Spolar
    800-227 9667

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reloading bench spolar

spolar reloading bench