1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar reloader for sub gauge loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by crk, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crk

crk Member

Anyone using the Spolar Gold reloader for 28 or .410 reloading? I have read where these smaller shells can have issues but I think that was only in the MEC progressive loaders as the Spolar holds the hulls in a more positive manner on these smaller sizes. Do they work in the progressive manner as intended on these smaller size hulls? Any issues?

2. BAP

BAP TS Member

I have no trouble with the 28ga. I have had some issues with the 410 but I feel it was more in my using hulls that weren't sorted by age and therefore needing to adjust the dies for proper crimps. Mec makes a good loader but I love my Spolar. Bill Parson Jr.

3. cementman

cementman Member

Love my Spolar in 12ga, 20ga and 28ga without problem one. In the 410ga had to disconnect the hydralics and had go manual. Still had problems.

Bottom line, had all of them including MEC, PW and Hornady and the Spolar is heads up beyond all of them, just wish I could figure out the 410ga. Maybe, somebody in the Detroit Metro area could give me a clue.

4. traedawg

traedawg TS Member

Where I buy sub gauge parts for a Spolar?

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I load .410's on my P/W 900 with Auto Drive with no problems. Just sort out the split case mouths and they run through just fine. The long shell holders on the 900 keep the .410 hull in perfect allignment.

Jim Skeel

[​IMG]

6. crk

crk Member

Spolar sells the die sets for the different gauges direct.

Thanks for the info on your experiences with the smaller gauges.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

crk, That's who I was going to suggest. Good people to deal with, quality has a price, but for some of us it's well worth it. Good luck, Bob

8. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

No trouble with the 28gauge. Chichay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.