1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SPOLAR Question on a conversion to front drop~~~~~

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by rennerize, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I picked up my new (to me) Spolar Friday. I have loaded a few shells on it, and really like it, but I would like for the shells to drop out of the front instead of the back. My question is has anyone converted the shell drop to do this??
    Don

2. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

I just made one and it works great.
    Don

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

stand behind it.

tony

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Don---Lets see a pic of your new conversion.

Matt

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Matt it is simply a 1 inch thin wall PVC with a 45 elbow on it. I cut the elbow at the right slant to fit under the shell drop. I hold it on the loader with a pipe clamp screwed to the table. I drilled a hole in it so I can drop a Pin in it to hold it or I can take it out to remove the shell drop. Maybe I better just put a picture on here. LOL
    Don
    rennerize_2008_03035.jpg

6. grntitan

Very nice Don. Where there is a will there is a way. Now all i gotta do is save for a Spolar. LOL

Matt

7. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Maybe a little crude but it works great. The shells drop into the pipe and I can load up to 4 before I take them out and put them in my Mec ez pak.
    Don

8. shootintom

shootintom TS Member

Jeez, you guys sure make it tough on yourselves. Drop the damn shells in a 5 gallon bucket and when you are heading to the range count out 25 shells and put them in a ziplock bag. Or better yet, just take the bucket! I got shells to reload not stackin em in a shell packer!

Tom

9. grntitan

Tom--How is standing on the Trap line with a freak'n 5 gallon bucket or ziplock bag convenient?? What you gonna bend over and pick a shell out of the bucket every shot?? Boy great idea especially for people with bad backs like myself. I like grabing one out of the box at my waist. Good luck with your bucket and ziplocks.

Don--as i stated before, good job at making your life easier.

Freak'n ziplock........

10. skeezix

skeezix Member

My front drop (PW 800+) drops into a rubbermaid dishwashing tub. From there they go into a ammo can that holds about 400 12 gauge shells. When the rubbermaid tub fills up and the ammo can is full, I start filling 5 gal buckets.

If I have to box, then I do that in front of the idiot box (I only box competition loads - I see no point in boxing practice ammo)

Skeet guys may wear tu-tus' -- but at least we can count :)

John

11. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

It appears as though you have had some powder and shot drops when a case was not present. Mite be time to spiff your reloading area a little don't you think.

12. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Yeah it is from setting it up. It operates differently from my PW. I should have cleaned it before I took the picture.
    Don

13. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

no offense intended to you, but that set up is butt ugly.

The Spolar is a bloody work of art, and next to YOUR work of art, you have a dirty MEC stacker. For Shame!

The esthetic Police are coming for you, my friend.

Try this for esthetic harmony;;;;;;

I have that set up on mine too, But I wanted a front drop that I can catch each shell and put in my dirty old Mec ez pak. LOL
    Don

14. grntitan

John--You know they invented PVC pipe glue sometime back? It actually works pretty darn good and holds a bit better than the Blue Painters tape. LOL

Matt

15. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Now Matt, give him a break he is a nice guy. I did use the PVC glue on my under the table drop>>> LOL ????? I think I have cabin fever too... LOL
    Don

16. grntitan

Top Single DT10---I was just jerking your chain on the glue thing. Your setup is fine. I would hate for you to see the various things i have duct tapped together in the garage. LOL

Matt

17. shootintom

shootintom TS Member

grntitan - I hope that you are being tongue in cheek about taking the 5 gallon bucket to the line? If you are great, if you aren't, well mores the pity! If I'm going to a shoot I count out 26 shells and put them in a ziplock bag and throw them in my range bag, if I'm shooting practice I park a bucket (not a full bucket) on the bench and usually don't count them when I put them in my vest or jacket just enough to get me through a round. I've found that with the time I waste trying to fill up shell boxes I can load more rounds. I rarely change recipes so if that happens I just put a note in the bucket that tells me what they are. Besides, I can't remember the last time I shot factory ammo and boxes don't last too long for me.

YMMV

Tom

18. grntitan

19. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

So let me get this right... the more tape and pipe the higher your scores??? Heck! Who can afford lead anymore?? Fred

20. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Nice rigs! I drop mine into a bag that I got at Menards, Holds exactly 300 shells, easy to carry, and perfect for a day at the range. Thought about the bucket, but this way I load a bag, grab it and go. Used ot box the shells, but that was time consuming and anal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.