1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar problem for new user

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Franktri, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franktri

Franktri Member

I am going thru a learning curve with my spolar. It is quite different than the MEC I've been using for years. After a few powder/shot spills, I find everything in order but now the primers are not feeding down. I assume something is jammed but how do I see that? Any suggestions before I call Dixsie?

2. Franktri

Franktri Member

I am going thru a learning curve with my spolar. It is quite different than the MEC I've been using for years. After a few powder/shot spills, I find everything in order but now the primers are not feeding down. I assume something is jammed but how do I see that? Any suggestions before I call Dixsie?

3. high 2

high 2 Member

You probably have shot in the primer slide. It will lock them up. I use a magnet to pull the primers back up. Make sure all the shot is out. There`s some things you will break if you get them all jammed up. Larry

4. high 2

high 2 Member

You probably have shot in the primer slide. It will lock them up. I use a magnet to pull the primers back up. Make sure all the shot is out. There`s some things you will break if you get them all jammed up. Larry

5. skidrowe7

skidrowe7 Member

Without being there to physically see what's happening I'd advise just to call Dixie. It's probably just a "hick up" and she'll be able to solve the problem.

6. skidrowe7

skidrowe7 Member

Without being there to physically see what's happening I'd advise just to call Dixie. It's probably just a "hick up" and she'll be able to solve the problem.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Shot stuck in the primer track. Remove primers, use flashlite to view the obstacle and remove!!

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Shot stuck in the primer track. Remove primers, use flashlite to view the obstacle and remove!!

9. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

The Dawg hit the nail on the head.......do as he said,and all will be OK.
    Don't make it more difficult than it really is.Learning curve......been there,done that.
    Smoke 'em all

D.P.Reynolds

10. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

The Dawg hit the nail on the head.......do as he said,and all will be OK.
    Don't make it more difficult than it really is.Learning curve......been there,done that.
    Smoke 'em all

D.P.Reynolds

11. chipking

chipking TS Member

IF the stoppage is in the primer slide take a large paper clip and straighten it out. Then form the end into a T shape that is the same width as the track. Once the primers have been removed from the track run the T in the track from top to bottom and use a soft tooth brush to remove the debris that it loosens. Set both in a drawer beside the loader and use as needed. If the primers are not dropping into the slide it may just be a alignment issue between the primer tray and slide call Spolar and they can help you. Is the vibrator running at each stroke?

--- Chip King ---

12. chipking

chipking TS Member

IF the stoppage is in the primer slide take a large paper clip and straighten it out. Then form the end into a T shape that is the same width as the track. Once the primers have been removed from the track run the T in the track from top to bottom and use a soft tooth brush to remove the debris that it loosens. Set both in a drawer beside the loader and use as needed. If the primers are not dropping into the slide it may just be a alignment issue between the primer tray and slide call Spolar and they can help you. Is the vibrator running at each stroke?

--- Chip King ---

13. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

One of the two problems I have had with my Spolar (both self induced no less) was a piece of 8-1/2 stuck in the primer track about 1/4 of the way up the track. Stopped the primer feed very well. The other was letting the primers run out....they stop feeding when they get about half full in the track probably from lack of pressure coming down. I have the low primer LED, and it was shining nicely up at the top.

I bought a small set of "dental" picks at a local tool store. I think they were like 3 bucks or something. That with a dental type mirror, easy to see where I got the shot stuck and easy to remove carefully without bending anything up.

Thought I might have this issue frequently, gladly it has not returned. Possibly due to the fact I normally load 8's, and partially I stopped spilling shot. Still, nice to have the tools if I hang it up again, and not exactly a huge investment.

14. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

One of the two problems I have had with my Spolar (both self induced no less) was a piece of 8-1/2 stuck in the primer track about 1/4 of the way up the track. Stopped the primer feed very well. The other was letting the primers run out....they stop feeding when they get about half full in the track probably from lack of pressure coming down. I have the low primer LED, and it was shining nicely up at the top.

I bought a small set of "dental" picks at a local tool store. I think they were like 3 bucks or something. That with a dental type mirror, easy to see where I got the shot stuck and easy to remove carefully without bending anything up.

Thought I might have this issue frequently, gladly it has not returned. Possibly due to the fact I normally load 8's, and partially I stopped spilling shot. Still, nice to have the tools if I hang it up again, and not exactly a huge investment.

15. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Just another friendly piece of advise that I got from the Spolars, shot a bit of One Shot down the primer feed rails each time before reloading. This is a cleaner/lubricant and will help keep crud from building up on the rail and make primer feeding slicker.

Where are your primers getting stuck...at the end of the tray, in the rail, of not feeding into the primer feed slot?

Cheers

16. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Just another friendly piece of advise that I got from the Spolars, shot a bit of One Shot down the primer feed rails each time before reloading. This is a cleaner/lubricant and will help keep crud from building up on the rail and make primer feeding slicker.

Where are your primers getting stuck...at the end of the tray, in the rail, of not feeding into the primer feed slot?

Cheers

17. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Canned air works to loosen debris or stuck shot pellets.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

18. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Canned air works to loosen debris or stuck shot pellets.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

19. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Frank,
    Please never hesitate to call, we enjoy assisting our customers! I have called customers back from 10,500 feet elevation while hunting elk, from a boat while fishing and every other place you can think of, we don't want you to have problems. In addition to shot or other contamination in the track, primers not feeding out of the primer tray can result of not keeping the primer track full to the top or at least not lower than the low primer indicator light. It is the weight of the primers in a full track that moves the primes into the female primer slide.
    I am still home with my stupid broken leg I will call you.
    Dicksie

20. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Frank,
    Please never hesitate to call, we enjoy assisting our customers! I have called customers back from 10,500 feet elevation while hunting elk, from a boat while fishing and every other place you can think of, we don't want you to have problems. In addition to shot or other contamination in the track, primers not feeding out of the primer tray can result of not keeping the primer track full to the top or at least not lower than the low primer indicator light. It is the weight of the primers in a full track that moves the primes into the female primer slide.
    I am still home with my stupid broken leg I will call you.
    Dicksie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.