1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar powder bushings

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dougbbbb, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Need a 435 and 441.. anyone want to trade i have a 480,474,471 and a 468

Thanks

Doug

2. krieghoff80

krieghoff80 Member

hey doug...i have a spolar too....and i used to own a pw...(same bushings)
    if your bushings are to big just put small pieces of electrical tape inside...
    build it up slowly and measure till you get the right drop...use a thin round rod and push from the center out...this will make sure you don't have any air bubbles....i've been doing this for a long time and it works great..try it.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Spolars use P/W or Hornady bushings. There are no Spolar bushings. The examples he is looking for are Hornady numbers.---Matt

4. dverna

dverna Active Member

Tape works until it comes off. It may never happen to you, but it happened to me.

I like to take a smaller bushing and open it up.

If I had to use a larger bushing, I would roughen up one side and build it up with JB Weld. Then file/grind away the excess.

I also use the MEC adapter and find I can get close enough to what I need. But I have accumulated over 50 assorted PW, Hornady and MEC bushings over the 6 years I have reloaded shotshells. Most came from "deals" on Ebay or from guys selling stuff off at shoots or the club.

Don Verna

5. grntitan

The darn bushings are only $4.95 a piece. Why hunt down a used one. Just order several at a time like i do. I've about got 'em all. Why, i'm not sure but i've got 'em. Maybe if i ever quit using Green Dot i'll need them.---Matt

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

When I talked to Carter at the Grand, he said the difference in his bushings and the stock ones from Hornady, is that he sends the stock ones to a machine shop where a sufficient amount of material is removed so that, for example, a bushing for 1 1/8 ounces of #8 shot will drop exactly that amount.

I don't know if he does the same thing with the powder bushings or not. My shot bushings drop exactly what they are supposed to drop. My powder bushings do drop the exact amount of powder, too. Any variations, when I have weighed ten to twenty charges in a row, is very, very, small.

Everything about the Spolars is first-class, IMO.

Bob

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Doug , If the 366 bushing fit your Spolar , you are welcome to what I have . I will check on them tomorrow and get back to you . I`ll have some at the club Saturday .

8. quartering

quartering Active Member

a spolar owner economizing on powder bushings? what's wrong with this picture? good luck with it

9. setool

setool Member

Give Whiz White a jingle... He can make you ANY sive bushing you want, custom to your requirements. His banner is here, S & W Supply.

p.s., The man is a wealth of info on any subject in regards to trap and reloading !!!

Mark Schneider

10. skidrowe7

skidrowe7 Member

You can save the effort by getting a MEC bushing adapter that fits as a Hornady but accepts all the MEC powder bushings (it's a sleeve). Think I saw them advertised on Shotgun News.

11. skidrowe7

skidrowe7 Member

You can save the effort by getting a MEC bushing adapter that fits as a Hornady but accepts all the MEC powder bushings (it's a sleeve). Think I saw them advertised on Shotgun News.

12. grntitan

"You can save the effort by getting a MEC bushing adapter that fits as a Hornady but accepts all the MEC powder bushings (it's a sleeve)."

How would this solve his problem?? Why would using MEC bushings be better than using the P/W or Hornady bushings? I'm real interested to here this one.--Matt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
adapter to use mec bushing
power bushing for spolar

spolar powder bushings

spolarp0wderbushings