1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar Owners

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dicksie, Jun 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Over the years we have received dozens of pictures of our customers reloading set ups as well as letters and notes from them telling us their opinion of our equipment. I have also asked our customers to please let me know when they won significant events so I could post that information and/or pictures in a winners section on our website too.

My intention has always been to include all of this information, and I have posted some that were e-mailed, but I have never had the time to retype the hand written letters or compose winners information that I received by telephone. In addition due to my limited graphic skills and time, I never scanned and posted the pictures I received in the mail; some I have now lost or misplaced.

It would also be fun to have a section with pictures of our customers. So often we become good friends over the telephone, but don’t know who they are when we see them at shoots.

I finally have some clerical help in the office and I want to work on this project. If you want to send us something to include please send it to:

reloader@spolargold.com put, FOR WEBSITE, in the subject line.

Thank you all!

Carter and Dicksie Spolar
    Spolar Power Load, Inc.

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Thanks Dicksie, I will try to get a shot of my 10 year or so old reloading that still runs and looks perfect and send it in.

Cheers

Stephen Meyers

3. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Steve,
    You're right about it's age,#428, April 22, 1998.
    Dicksie

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Gosh how old is mine then. It is either #194 or 198.

Don Hoffman

5. 1Ljutic1

1Ljutic1 TS Member

These folks seem awesome. I have never owned, touched, operated, or even seen a Spolar in action. But, if I got back into reloading, just from what I have read from users, I would go with a Spolar!! Steve

6. schimmy

schimmy Member

You won’t be disappointed.

7. laura!

laura! Member

guess mine is still a baby #1960. I've never owned anything else. Recently watched someone struggling with an old Mec, made me appreciate my Spolar more than ever!

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Dicksie,

Will you be bringing your wares to the Grand?

John

9. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Don Hoffman, 1/21/1997 # 193.

John, We will be there demonstrating, but we will have anything you need shipped to you by the factory. What do you need?

John Malcolm, #1896, August 2006

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Saw John Malcolm's set up and ordered my Spolar the next day. Worth every penney. Get the hydraulics to really appreciate reloading. Well, there is one problem with the machine, you have to keep puttitng in powder and shot. Fred

11. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Thank you all for your responses, please keep them coming.
    Dicksie

12. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Still in love with mine. Chichay#1991

13. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

John B. Kowalski

If I remember correctly, the AutoMate that Jim Benn (I think correct spelling) sold and developed was drilled on the base for both P/W and Spolar. The difference was the coupling to the drive motor.

I don't know if he still would have those, but suspect he could scrape one up. I spoke to Spolar about the electric unit, and they were not fond of it for several reasons.....not the least of which might be they did not have it.

I used the electric unit on both Mec and P/W 800+, and it worked well. I love the Spolar hydraulic unit, which is what I am using on my 800+, along with the shell feeder. I basically just watch the action making sure everything is moving correctly, and drop a wad in. I rarely miss a primer drop (about 1 in 300 reloads), but the shell feeder can hang 2-3 times during a reloading session. It just tries to jam more than one at a time occasionally, and gets caught at the top. If you are paying attention at all, plenty of time to fix since there are about 8-9 shells in the tube, or so. Kind of like running out of primers when there must be a 100 in the line coming down.

The electric required the use of both hands, and without a shell feeder, you need hull/wad combination. I just found the foot control much more to my liking, not that there is anything wrong with the electric unit. P/W even has one now with a different control unit.

Another thought might be Whiz White, who I think was using/testing the AutoMates for Jim in the beginning. He might have some parts laying around.

14. dverna

dverna Active Member

I have #911.

Purchased used with hydraulic.

Very slick

I got a 28 ga head for it this spring.

Don

15. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I believe I have # 72, still works fine. Dicksie, most people that see me shoot would not want me as an advertisment. If the money is right, I won't give anyone information that I use a Spolar.

Charlie

16. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

dverna I bought that loader new and used it maybe a month or two . One day I was cleaning it and seen the se. number 911 just after the real date 9-11 . It made me think about that day every time I seen it .

KEYBEAR

17. dverna

dverna Active Member

Keybear,

Yep - it is an interesting number.

My birthday is 9/12. I have never had a birthday since that day of infamy when I did not think about what transpired on 9/11 and the thousands who perished.

Don

PS: I take good care of 911. She is still set up for Federals - just like you had it. I'll be switching it to AA's once I run out of Federal hulls.

18. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

John,
    I saw that thread. I know that there are at least two people using the Automate on the Spolar, but I also know that we have more customers than that that used them but went back to the hydraulic.

We never saw one in action, other than the online In the video, the reloader was not very stable. When any reloader moves on the table, or base in this case, you have primer problems.

Dicksie

19. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Hi Dicksie - sorry I haven't sent the pictures in...have a new little bit of a chicken wire tube installed in my heart in the beginning of May and have just got caught up on other things....the fun is still going on.

I will try again to remember to get a picture or so and send them in...I meant it, 10 years old, used regularly, still looks like almost new.

All - I use the Spolar Hydro unit and like it (just wish the foot pedal control was a bit wider). I have not seen the automate in person, just pictures of it. I do not want to appear to be bashing the Automate which I know others have used and like very much, but its my observation that I would not want my Spolar mounted onto of the auto unit...would just make everything too high, perhaps a bit awkward to reach for hulls and wads, and perhaps a bit precarious. The Spolar is tall enough as it is, any higher....well, I just like mine bolted straight to a couple of inches of wood.

Cheers

Stephen Meyers

20. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.