1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar on TV last night

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ljuticsscentennialpro, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

No, it wasn't Carter wearing make-up. On Bones last night, 3-18-13 Fox Channel (Season 8, Episode 19), the forensic guys were loading some Dragon's Breath loads on a Spolar Gold. You may have to wait a week before you can watch the rerun on the Fox Channel website over the internet. Bob

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I have it on tape / DVR. Cool. I'll have viewings limited to seating availability of 6 per session. Tickets will be $10.00 each.

Gene in Illinois

3. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Popcorn included ?

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Some propmaster probably bought it off ebay, and it's the last time it'll see the light of day until they need it for another movie/tv show.

Even more exciting would be if someone connected to the program actually used it on a regular basis.</b>

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Popcorn will be extra.

Watched the show tonight. Hodgins did not put a wad in the shell he reloaded. He only cranked the handle 4 times by my count. Carter / Dicksie were obviously NOT on-set to properly instruct the actors.

Gene in Illinois

6. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Gene --

Given the story, why would a wad be used? Since the shell was only powder holder with a built in ignition "switch" (of sorts, don't want to give up spoilers), wouldn't it be correct NOT to put a wad in it?

Honestly don't know the answer -- not many of us reload shells with no shot in them...

John

7. cafowler

cafowler Member

What's a "Dragons Breath" load?

8. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Go to You Tube website and input: 12 Gauge Dragon's Breath. Bob

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

jevoliva et al:

I know it's a TV show and the producers / writers / actors only do what they are told. I'd bet $1000.00 NONE of them have ever even truly fired a shotgun.

According to what I read, Dragon's Breath shells are loaded with pellets made of magnesium, which ignite on exposure to the air. Seems to me one would want to separate the ignitable pellets from the powder , presumably with a wad, before firing.

Maybe that's just me, but I wouldn't want magnesium pellets mixing with the powder.

Gene in Illinois

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Great company and great people

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS- they have a "technical advisor" and also an endorsement marketing program-- pretty certain it was the tech advisor who got this in

Wonder who that person is

11. smilyb

smilyb Member

Where did they get the loader?

12. Rubicon_Joey

Rubicon_Joey Active Member

If anyone watches The Walking Dead on AMC you may have also spotted a MEC of some sort. It was in the bottom of the shot and all you could really see was the charge bar and that it was missing the powder and shot hoppers. It was most definitely a MEC though.

13. BFE

BFE TS Member

Someone from Hollywood meet with Carter and he furnished them with it...

14. Lead Miner

Lead Miner Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You guys really need the weather to get warmer if you are searching TV shows for reloading action scenes. Just saying. Terry

15. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

The shows technical property person does reload metallic and was familiar with our reloader. He told us he is impressed with it and feels it reflects the high tech format of Bones. When he contacted us to get one, as always, we were back ordered. Robert Guerrero, who works with us, offered to loan has personal reloader to them, so now Robert has not only a Spolar, but a "movie star" Spolar.
    Dicksie

16. ksal391

ksal391 TS Member

I just ordered my Spolar this Tuesday, Cant wait to get it !
    Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.