1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar Hydraulics vs PW?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sand9229, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sand9229

Sand9229 Member

How do the hydraulics for a PW reloader compare to those manufactured by Spolar?

Will they interchange?

Noise?

Thanks,

Donny Sanders

2. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I just hooked up a Spolar hydraulic to my 800+ last weekend. What a treat to use.

I believe the single wire running to a foot control is much easier to work with, and obviously less prone to leakage than the P/W unit. I was concerned about mounting the foot control to something, but simply put it down on the floor and starting running the unit to get accustom to the operation of it.

I don't have extensive experience with the P/W hydraulic, but played with one at a major shoot when there was a demo unit hooked up. Both makes operate the machine up and down, both have pumps and motors that make noise since they are in fact hydralic units. That said, I think the Spolar is a bit better built with quality components.

With either unit, get a good quality surge protector that has a on/off switch, and that will make life easier. Things like that should be protected anyway.

The other item I might mention is Dicksie without a doubt simply fantastic to deal with. I have not seen better customer service in any industry ever.

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Noise is what I have read. The PW was a very noisy unit and the Spolar was much quieter.

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I will give cudos to Spolar for prompt service. Ordered their Gold wads and within two days UPS showed up with the box. Surprised and pleased me. Fred

5. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Donny,
    All that I can tell you is about our hydraulic:
    We were the first company to use the patentented single cylinder actuator technology: Guess who holds the Patent?

Our Cylinder is an American Made, Bimba Cylinder, guaranteed for 2 years. If anyone ever has a problem with it, we will replace it without question.

Our Pump is an American Made, Oildyne, pump, Guaranteed for 5 Years, (in 15 years, we have never had a reported problem with one)
    The Motor that powers our pump is an American Made, Baldor. Same Deal, 5 year warrantee. I used to work with a dentist who had one that he never shut off. He used it every day in his lab for 50 years! We have a 5 year guarantee on ours. We don't have hoses to the foot pedal. The foot pedal has electronic micro switches; just the valve that enables us to do this cost us more that $150., but it works better and no leaks.

The entire unit is much quieter than any other hydraulic unit we have ever had the opportununity to compare it to.
    P.S We love to hear from our customers but we love to shoot!!
    From 3/21/07 untill 3/28/07, Carter and I will be out of the office, shooting; our staff will be available. If you want to order, call 800 227 9667; If you need tech support,leave a message for Mishell,800 227 9667. After 3/28, we will be back and will respond to your calls if you left a message or e-mailed us.

Dicksie Spolar
    800 227 9667
    >>>reloader@spolargold.com <<<<

6. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Dicksie........How come you never come to the Iowa State Shoot?

Would love to see you guys set up shop there.

Hauxfan!

7. Sand9229

Sand9229 Member

Thanks to all that replied!

I am now sold on the spolar hydraulics.

Donny Sanders

8. Dicksie

Dicksie Member

Hauxfan!
    We loved going to the Iowa State shoot, but we never have enough time anymore. We are always back ordered on our reloaders, (not our hydraulics) and it takes a major effort to get out of town. If we didn't live out here on the Left Coast, it would be faster and easier to get around the country.
    Dicksie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.