Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spolar Hydraulic unit & 20,28 & 410 gauge changes

7K views 32 replies 26 participants last post by  tweintraub 
#1 ·
Spolar reloaders? Any out there?

#13 ·
I have an itch I thought about scratching with a Spolar until I watched this video. Is this guy a non-mechanical dork or is this a typical problem. Fast forward to the 7:30 mark, unless you want to be bored out of your mind.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DyP0LL43Jws?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DyP0LL43Jws?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#15 ·
Well, I can't say that he is or isn't but there isn't a machine out there that won't on occaison have a primer feed problem. Not one. Those guys that think so, are just kidding themselves. If it were all that easy, we could do it in our sleep. Judging by some of the reloads at my club...some guys do just that.

Rick in Mt.

#17 ·
The Spolar does almost (key word, almost) flawless job with the primer. I suspect there is a track alignment issue on the machine in the video. I remember when setting mine up the instructions seemed a bit odd at first that the track would be tilted just slightly. Can't remember which direction, but I must have been very lucky doing mine, as the primers don't hang at the top on mine at all.

I must confess I use Spolar hydraucic also, and on the video the stroke appeared incomplete to my way to thinking, probably to minimize the vibrator motor running?

I will confess that even with the low primer led, I have on two occasions let the track run very low and there is not enough pressure to push the primer into position when you do that. Once I got past doing that, almost 100%.

#18 ·
Yeah, looked like the stroke was incomplete. Gotta pull it all the way down (if using the handle) to deprime the hull and then all the way back to seat the primer. Just like all the other reloaders.

I guess I want in on the "survey" so I will admit I have one. Works well with the hydraulic and fits in nicely with my Dillon and two MECs.

Bob

#20 ·
Mark425,

It is possible to screw up the primer feed but once it is set properly it works very well.

None of the machines I have owned are 100% reliable but the Spolar is the most reliable machine I have used. Every machine I have owned will give you fits if they are not adjusted properly.

The guy in the video is not anal enough to be a good reloader. Anyone who cares about how they do the job would not post a hang up that shows they do not know how to set up and operate a machine. Imagine the "fun" he must have had running a MEC.

Don Verna

#22 ·
hi guys got some interest on my spolar...it's a 12ga. .... have video and i can make a copy of the owner's man. ... i paid 1400 for it (shipped)..i want the same for it...not looking for a profit....works perfectly.... i'm in northen calif. .... next to the oakland raiders....1 1/8 bush. ... and one powder bush. ... should drop 17 1/2 700x.... cell 510 432-6273

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.