1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by perga1, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perga1

perga1 Active Member

I just bought Spolar #1386. The vibrator for the primer tray doesn't work. Any suggestions other than check the fuse or call Dixie? JRM

2. buckshot57

buckshot57 TS Member

it is a good chance the vibrator motor expired. this is not that uncommon. I had to replace mine sometime back.
    jim

3. perga1

perga1 Active Member

Thanks for the responses. I did manually work both switches and they are free moving and travel the same distance so it is not likely that one or both switches are bad. Which part did you buy at Radio shack? Jim

4. shotgunjoej

shotgunjoej TS Member

I had the same problem. Push the washer in on the primer plunger all the way in. The black washer needs to hit the switch to make the vibratot work.

5. 391dave

391dave TS Member

@creeker I got mine Monday and it is 2477.

6. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

creeker;

I sent you a PM.

Bob

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Would Spolar not send you those parts for free? I mean that much money for a loader and you don't get lifetime replacement parts? Hmmmmmmm i don't get it.

8. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Call or email Dicksie or Carter. OR, if you'd like a quieter vibrator call Whiz White.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

grntitan
    I can think of several expensive, very well engineered automobiles that don't have lifetime warranties.

9. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Parts are not free for life like some other makes of loaders. I have Spolar 2225 and the vibrator went out. It was like 25.00 for another, and then Dicksie repaired mine and returned it for free so I have a backup.

After using a Spolar, you soon stop worrying about insignificant details like that. It is really a pleasure to use. I just ran a few cases this weekend, and it never burped once on the primer feed. I have used just about all the major brands, and can't say that for any other make.

That said, I am in the market for another unit, and considering giving the Patriot a go. It both looks like P/W turned the corner on customer service, and Whiz of course is just the best.

10. grntitan

My post was a question as i didn't know the answer. Load on what floats your boat. Would love to give one a whirl sometime but i won't pay that much as long as my Pacific treats me as it always has. Was not slamming your machine. Maybe a jealousy jab..........

11. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

grntitan,

No worries mate....and Pacific is one I have not used. As I said, I am pretty sure I will take another stab at a P/W, but had an 800+ and loved it, outside primarily of the darn primer feed. Had a variety of Mec's, and while with lots of tinkering and tweaking you get close, but Mec likes to flip a primer every so often, or just skip one for no reason. Hated having to stare at that hole going around so long.......but honestly I don't think any of my guns knew what loader did the deed. Spolar is like taking an AMG out for a spin after coming in from an econo box.

If you get a chance, give a Spolar a test drive. It is not for everyone, but there is a legion of loyal fans for sure. I am one of them.

12. grntitan

Oh i've sat and talked to Dicksie and watched her operate it at the Grand. Sat right behind the desk with her. I'm impressed no doubt. She makes the machine work like a famous painter painting a masterpiece. She has a few miles practice behind one. :)

13. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

grntitan:
    Not taken as a slam. It sounded as though one might expect a lifetime warranty on some things. Haven't found many things that are that way, especially those which have lots of moving parts.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

14. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Here is the cool part about a Spolar...within probably less than 50 shells, just about anyone who should be reloading will make it run like Dicksie...or close enough for government work as they say.

Nothing is perfect, but in reloaders the Spolar is as close as I have seen. The new P/W should be interesting, especially now that they are going to do traditional finish. The camo would never have found my new bench, but black/silver with the hull feeder and electric drive are on my radar screen.

15. grntitan

I do remember she was using some cheap Euro primers and she was cussing 'em. She had it all setup for W209's and this was the year of the primer, powder, ammo freak out. I think Carter had gotten a deal on some euro primers. She got it to work good but they just didn't want to feed right consistently. I'm sure it just takes some tweaking as most machines do when you change stuff.

16. Sportshot2

Sportshot2 TS Member

I have Spolar #563 and have loaded over 200,000 rounds and have not had to replace the vibrator motor to date.

I am sure you checked that both motor leads were attached fully because I have had a wire come loose in the past.

I did have a problem with sporadic vibrator operation and was annoyed enough to send a bunch of parts to Carter and said to replace what ever was out of spec. What I got back was a whole different arm assembly which solved all my problems. I don't know at what serial number the part changed but it made a difference on my machine.

I am sure you will get it solved quickly and enjoy your machine for as long as you reload.

17. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have done a couple of things over the years with three of my Spolars in regard to the vibrating motor setup.

1. Modified the control box with a RED blinking led to light when the motor is supposed to vibrate. I then know something is a-miss if things are working, and know if it's the motor, etc.

2. Built an aftermarket complete motor assembly and housing. This came at the request of Ron Baker, pres of the MNSTA. I liked how it turned out, so I built a couple extra for myself (picture below).

3. Replaced the stock motor with an after-market motor. In fact, I use the same motors for the vibrator kits I just finished building for P/W owners.

whizwhite_2008_02034.jpg

Jim White<BR>
    S&W Supply Co

18. perga1

perga1 Active Member

The problem was the momentary switch. $3.95 @ Radio Shack. JRM

19. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

It's not free parts - everything wears out. It's the reliability and service. For instance....

I needed a replacement guide tube for the complete shell (broke it through dumb move). Called Monday, gave the the order. Got back from a trip to receive the message my card had expired - please call with a new card. WE SENT IT OUT ANYWAY TO GET IT IN YOUR HANDS. Now that's service with a smile!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.