1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***Spolar Gold FS***

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by atexaspete, Aug 24, 2013.

1. atexaspete

atexaspete Member

0   0   0

I've had this for a couple of years and decided (shortly after I bought it) that I liked my Dillon better. After I bought it, I loaded a few hundred rounds through it and it really loads a pretty round. It is set up for AA hulls now. After the trial, I made up my mind to stick to my Dillon. It has the hydraulic unit, foot pedal, etc. and is in pristine condition. Just like the Dillon better. It has been taking up space on my bench and is time to get it a new home. I would prefer to sell it local (Virginia) as packing hydraulic unit and loader will be a pain, but might ship if I can't make a fairly "local" deal. First $2,400 gets it.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mike, if you are being honest with us, you may actually be the only person on earth to prefer an SL900 to a Spolar!

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

0   0   0

Hard to believe. Suggest you go to doctor and check for high fever. Just had this discussion today at the range regarding Dillon vs. Spolar. Spolar won hands down with people selling their Dillons. Best wishes selling your machine. Fred

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Was this machine new when you purchased it?

5. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

0   0   0

Not so sure I would take a truck load of Dillion's for one Spolar.
    O well, up for a good loader.

6. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

0   0   0

Up for a great unit, sounds almost brand new.

I was pretty perturbed with my Spolar this morning...had a primer not feed. I was really perplexed, but discipline dictates I watch it every time, and stopped about half way down. Of course, the primers had hung at the top of the track for the first time in forever, and without enough weight, did not feed one in. Seriously, it was the first primer hiccup since I put the new seating post in.

So, nothing is perfect...especially the one watching the primers.

7. atexaspete

atexaspete Member

0   0   0

Don't know of a reason to be less than honest about liking the Dillon more. I have loaded several hundred thousand on my Dillon. With all the discussion here, I decided to try the Spolar to see what I was missing. Found that I was missing nothing at all. Like I said, the Spolar produces a fine shell, but even with the hydraulics, the Dillon is faster and easier for me to use and the shells I produce are just as good as the Spolar.
    For all of you asking if I'd sell just the loader, the answer is yes. However only AFTER I sell the hydraulic unit. So if anyone is interested in just the hydraulics, let me know.

Best regards,
    Mike

8. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Several HUNDRED THOUSAND???

9. T R Williams

T R Williams TS Member

0   0   0

Where are you in Virginia.
    I am interested in your
    loader and I live in
    Northern VA.

Tom

10. Franktri

Franktri Member

0   0   0

With Spolar, there is definitely a learning curve, with diligence and patience, it IS the finest of them all!! With the new seating post, I have loaded thousands without a hitch, a vast improvement over the older post..

11. Edwin D

Edwin D Member

0   0   0

I have the OLD technology, and it has worked for 100's of thousands of rounds!

12. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

I don't guess you get an answer Gene...lol.

13. atexaspete

atexaspete Member

0   0   0

I bought this from another member here 2 years ago. I am the second owner as far as I know.

Mike

14. atexaspete

atexaspete Member

0   0   0

fssberson,
    No need to get cheeky. I own the two machines sitting side-by-side and by far prefer the Dillon. Guess that's why they make more than one machine. All the discussion at your club over the weekend won't change my opinion. I bought the machine because of all the bias over Spolar so I gave it a chance and didn't like it.
    To each his own.

Mike

15. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Amazing how a for sale thread can turn into a pissing match. It was not posted as a debate thread. I too own a Spolar but the guy likes another brand better. So what. Great buy for someone.

16. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

BAD, you are right of course. However, you can't blame others for being incredulous. It's somewhat analogous to someone selling his Lexus and saying he likes his Yugo better. And, yes....I have used both.

17. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Now now APrice. I have both Spolar and Dillon on my bench. Both manual pulls.
    No major gripes with either of them, but Dillon is easier to operate and faster with the hull feeder. The Spolar is fine but finicky. I can't use metal base hulls like Win Universals because they're very hard to pop out. I'm assuming with hydraulics all of my problems would go away. Dave T.

18. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

0   0   0

MIKE: My apologies to you for "being cheeky". Tried to be funny and failed. Enjoy your Dillon!

Dave T: With hydraulics many of your issue will go away, BUT, not the cheap Winchester hulls. They do stick or jam. Just toss them. The Remington STS and Gun Clubs, AA's, Federal brass hulls work fine.

Fred

19. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Using cheap Winchester hulls in your Spolar is like going to Ruth's Chris and ordering a hotdog! ;-)

20. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Hey I'm cheap. If someone offers free hulls I just can't refuse them. I did switch to a roller handle instead of the 1960's little black plastic ball and it's helped greatly. But one point for Dillon for being able to load any hull without problems. I actually bought a Spolar for 410 reloading which it does flawlessly. APrice: Hotdogs at RuthChris, what a concept. Bet it would be ala- cart. Dave T.