1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar "Buzzer" Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Uncle Screech, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Quick question for Spolar owners living with others. I'm single and live in an apartment complex. When I'm loading and the vibrator goes off it's annoying for the first couple loads then it seems to settle into the background and I don't really notice it. But I've always wondered just how far the sound travels and is it a constant annoyance for others? Being single I don't really have any way to check out the noise level. Has anyone ever had anyone around them complain?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all and thanks in advance...

Greg

2. ms_yuan

ms_yuan Member

Spolar

My wife and daughter despise the buzzer, and either leave the area when I reload or gently but sternly ask me to stop if they can't. As a consequence, I usually load when they're off doing something else. It hasn't stopped me from churning out about 15,000 loads per year, though.

3. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Spolar

No complaints at my house, but my wife shoots about a third of the rounds I load, so she doesn't mind. My dog hasn't said anything about it and seems content to watch me load.

Bob

4. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

Spolar

Thanks and I do appreciate the ideas and comments. This is another case of trees and forrest and not seeing the obvious. Thanks "TheBigSki" for reminding me there is an ON/OFF switch. I kind of have to chuckle at my own dumb self for not thinking of it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Greg

5. Cush

Cush TS Member

Spolar

Just tell them if they complain you'll get the hydrolic operator.

6. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Spolar

Personally I wouldn't deactivate the buzzer. I get REALLY consistent powder and shot drops and I have to think that the buzzer is the reason.

7. Cush

Cush TS Member

Spolar

Good point. So do I, come to think of it.

Mine isn't vibrating long, either. As soon as the table gets to the top, where it activates the vibrator, I'm starting it back down which turns it off. It's a real short "bzzzttt."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.