1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spolar + Automate - Any Out There??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Beretta687EELL, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

John, Contact Whiz White ... whiz@swsupply.com ... as I believe he was involved with the original Automate and recall some discussion regarding the question you are asking. Bill Malcolm

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

When I traded my P/W 900s and bought a Spolar I was considering keeping my Auto-mate and I spoke with Jim and he said he still had a few Spolar adapters left. I spoke with the folks at Spolar and they recommended that I not use The Automate on the Spolar. The comment was that the unit flexed enough where the Loader was mounted to create problems with the loader. I can attest that my 900s would twist and shake during the load cycle and you had to be real careful with the end of motion sensors both for the top and bottom of movement or they would blow fuses. However once things were set right they worked great.

--- Chip King ---

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I remachined a coupler scuh that it would fit the Spolar. Jim Benn then drilled/tapped the base to accept both the P/W and Spolar. I also had Jim redo the program chip to permit momentary starting/stoping/reversing, etc.

I have one couple left here, a proto-type, but I've tossed it about a year ago.

A good machinist could easily make one... hardest part in the keyway.

IU used it on my Spolar, but I fiddled with it too much... the magnets limit switches always had to be changed going from a P/W to a Spolar, and back.

You mich try to get hold of Jimm Benn in Johnston IA (I *think* that's the correct city).

Other than the above, I have nothing for the Automates.

WWhiz

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.