1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

sploar hyd. pump relocation?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by kyskeet, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyskeet

kyskeet Member

Due to noise, has anyone ever relocated you hydraulic pump to a remote location to quiet down your reloading room. My only knock on the spolar hyd. setup is the noise. Looks like it would only involve a little wiring and longer hoses.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It would involve about 8 dollars of foam board insulation- a knife to get it and duct tape or some adhesive to make a foam box to fit around it

No relocation needed

Go to Lowes (which gives a 10 percent military discount) home depot( where it is up to store managers to give a discount or not) or menards - get the blue or pink stuff

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

My Spolar Hydraulic is not loud at all. I can hear it, yes, but not annoyingly loud at all. More of a hum.

The noise which can be very loud is the BRRRRRRRRR! of the primer/powder system when it reaches the top of the stroke. Spolar puts small pieces of velcro on the edges of the primer tray to lessen the vibration/noise, but it is a bit loud.

I find that I really don't notice it after the first few shells but, I don't watch TV, or do anything else like listen to music or the radio while I am reloading.

It has the push button type switch that could turn it off and I have done that just to see if the primers slid down as they are supposed to do. They did for me, but I still leave the system on.

Bob

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

If you can find one, the old wide carriage dot matrix printer cabinets are perfect. They have ventilation, fan and hold the pump nicely, while having slots to bring the hoses through. Quiets things down really well, and a clean setup.

I would miss the pump "whine" change at top and bottom of stroke. I believe the vibrator both keeps the primers moving, but also settles powder and shot charges in the bushings, thus the incredible consistency you get with a Spolar over other makes of loaders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.