1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spirit Airlines SUCKS!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by bigdogtx, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Can't believe they charged my active duty son, $45 for a bag. What a piece of crap they are. I see they don't live up to the "spirit" of America and support the military.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

One time they left me stranded at the airport for 11 hours with my 91 year old Grandmother. That was no fun. True story.

3. nmbunker

nmbunker TS Member

Delta lost my checked bags ($60) for two days and then would not refund my checked baggage fees.
    "Move to the back of the bus and keep quiet" is the mantra these days. If you raise a stink they'll sic the TSA on ya.

4. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Spirit is cheap but NO frils and NO customer service!

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Spirit is so cheap the pilot was asking for loose change to buy jet fuel so we could take off.

Spirit is so cheap that when you turned the overhead light on, the engine slowed down.

Spirit is so cheap they sell one more ticket than they have seats. They know someone is always going to be in the restroom.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

No offense but did you really think you were gonna get First Class Presidential treatment from a budget airline? I personally think all current Military men and women as well as all US War Vets should fly for free but I believe in this case you were expecting a bit much from said airline. You don't take a NY City cab and expect to be passed the Grey Poupon. JMHO

7. Lovemy99

Lovemy99 Member

Go Southwest anytime you can. No bag fees and thier service has always been great (at least for me).

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It sucks BD, but as said before everybody has gotten so used to getting the shaft the expect it now days

9. bigdogtx

grntitan,,,,,,first class presidential treatment,,,,,,HELL no we didn't but to charge and active duty service man or woman $45 for a single bag is BS,,,,,what the hell does a taxi cab have to do with it,,,,,DO they charge to put your bag in the trunk for $45????

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nevermind on the taxi thing, it was over your head.

Don't misunderstand me on the Military thing though, I totally agree and like I said I feel all US Military should fly 100% free but they don't. I just think you over expected from a budget airline. They make their money by offering nothing special and screwing their passengers.

11. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

BDT,

I took spirit to Florida from Detroit, bought the ticket before they began charging for bags. When I got to the airport I was informed that I would have to pay for luggage. I did, and have never flown spirit again. That was the second strike against them.

The first strike was when I bought a ticket for my stepson to Florida, and got to the airport without the credit card that I purchased his ticket with, they made me purchase the ticket again. Only the other half of the problem was they weren't going to let him on the plane because they were oversold by ---you guessed it ---one ticket. To top that off --when I called the main office in Florida they told me it would take up to 6 months to get a refund. Wrong--- I sued them and won in small claims court. They paid double.

Chuck

12. bigdogtx

WTG Chuck!!! Maybe I did expect more from a "budget" airline,,,,,now we know what "budget" means,,,,,I wonder if they cut corners in the maintenance area as well?????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.