1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spinal Decompression Therapy?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Rem870TB, Oct 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Has anyone had this done, or know anyone that has, and if so, what where the experiences?

It may be of interest to this old, out of shape trapshooter (me) but I am critically sceptical of these things and am in the process of checking it out.

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

It is mostly a rip-off if it is promoted by chiropratcors pushing a Dx 9000= get an inversion table or hang from a bar in your closet does the same thing

Phil Berkowitz

3. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

Yes, my first thoughts were along those lines but I thought I'd seek out more info.

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Try a table inverter- buy one - for the cost of a trip to the chiro

Think about it

what do you weigh? that is what the table does

now compare that to apply a couple of pounds of force to your neck and feet- and supposedly pulling your spine?

first try one at an exercise equipement place

also try just wading in a pool- on your toes for about 45 mins at least chin deep--- you will probably be shocked at how good you feel- not a hottub- they are worthless but the decompression that occurs when you are in a pool

Regards from Iowa

Gene

5. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

The inversion table is great because it is a graduated force- only as much as you feel you need. Hanging from a bar with your arms tensed does not allow you to relax and let it go. *note: It has been found that lots of inversion has led to eye problems-gloucoma/pressure issues so ask your professionals. Inversion really helped me overcome back pain.

6. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

I already have an appointment set up with the doc. as a follow-up to my recent physical, so it will be a good opportunity to ask about the subject.

7. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

What keeps it decompressed?? Doesn't it recompress as soon as you stand up?
    Think about iy.
    Mike

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Bingo trappermike.

9. Reinz

Reinz Member

I went through the whole therapy session years ago. I think it was 12 weeks worth. I have 3 herniated disks.
    It felt great!
    Yeah, untill I got home. Then, gravity took over and put everything back in it's place.

If insurance had not paid for it, I would not have done it. I kept "hoping".

SAVE YOUR INSURANCE MONEY! It's a scam.

Like others said, buy an inversion unit instead.

10. Rem870TB

Rem870TB Active Member

So far, my suspicions are confirmed here.

Coincidently, today I read about a stretching exercise the appears to be easing things off; not a wonder cure but just some good pain relief.

I think if I stick with that for a few days, things will improve quite well.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Rem870TB,

I tried it all including the afore mentioned before having surgery. Most all of the various treatments offered relief but were all very temporary ranging from a few days to a few weeks. I also had Ablation where they burned the nerves of the irritated area, Steroid injections, had a Spinal Stimulator implanted and even had Botox injections to deaden the irritated areas. As I stated before, they all worked but were very temporary. The most relief I got was from the Botox injections. They lasted as much as three weeks but then you had to go back for more. With an average of 8 injections in my back every treatment, it was not something I looked forward too. Quite frankly, it hurt like hell. I finally decided it wasn't worth the pain getting the injections. Basically the various treatments require a bunch of follow up visits to keep the treatment working. I'm certainly not saying surgery is the only option. I'm just telling you my experience. Hope you find something that works well for you.

Matt

12. gailmk67

gailmk67 Member

Here is a vote for spinal decompression. Yes it is worth it(if administered by the right therapist) or in my case was worth it. I have 3 bulging disc in my neck and one in the thoracic area as a result of a careless driver. I was in incredible pain and diminished modality prior to the PT which included spinal decompressions. I have 2 machines that were prescribed to me after PT which do manual spinal decompressions, but they are just not as effective. I would have liked the spinal decompression therapy to continue in the therapist office. I think it was more beneficial under those conditions, but that was just not feasible in todays insurance world.

Regards, Joe

13. panthers314

panthers314 TS Member

Another vote for it.had 3 bulging disks in lower back 2 yrs ago...12 wks on the table...now only go back once a month for a quick tune up

decided on decompression instead on the knife.............

14. Trapduster

Trapduster Member

another vote for it i have operated heavy equipment for 50 yrs and i took the seris of 10 treatments about 6 or 7 years ago and it fixed my back problems. it must not of been to temporary my back is still pain free Larry

15. Franklin

Franklin TS Member

have back pain for many years until i got an inversion table. never have gone vertical, but just rock back and forth just a bit past level. a sort of decompression takes the pain and limited motion away for much of the day. i don't go vertical because of high bp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anyone have spinal decompression in a pool

decompression therapy forums