1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

**SPF** FS -REM 1100 Trap,Outstanding Wood, MINT

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by laver, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laver

laver Member

0   0   0

**SPF** For Sale - Early 90's Remington 1100 Trap, Mint Condition and Outstanding wood. Very Low round count and a safe queen.

30" full choke, step rib, with 2 beads (has middle bead), Monte Carlo stock, factory recoil pad.

It is untouched, factory original in all respects. Serial # M9165xxV

$900 + shipping to your FFL

email for prompt reply laveritt@att.net

thanks,
    Larry Averitt

see pics below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

It is a shame for that gorgeous wood to have impressed checkering. If I were the machine operator who applied that checkering, I would have cringed while doing it.

Beautiful gun!

Ed

3. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

0   0   0

Actually, anybody with a little extra time and patience can convert that impressed checkering to raised diamonds. I did it to my first 1100 trap gun 35 years ago and it looked great. In fact, I ended up doing a couple of 870's for some shooting buddies, too.

Too much arthritis to do that kind of work anymore, though.

Beautiful chunk of walnut on that 1100, btw!

Kiv

4. laver

laver Member

0   0   0

5. FIB

FIB Member

0   0   0

BEAUTIFUL Wood!!! I've always been impressed at the quality of wood that Remington uses. IMO, it is nicer looking that most stock wood on some of the high end guns.

6. laver

laver Member

0   0   0

7. laver

laver Member

0   0   0

8. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Good ole American Walnut, I believe.

9. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Do not kid yourselves! They put apple crate wood on guns just like everybody else does. I bought 2 870 Comps brand new and the first one we opened looked like a set of grade 5 wood. the next gun was as plain as a fence post. Same price and within 50 serial numbers of each other. Jeff

10. laver

laver Member

0   0   0

11. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

0   0   0

One thing about the Remington 1100 is that they all look the same, at least metal-wise. It's the wood and how they shoot that sets them apart. Sme shoot like a field gun, while others shoot 20" high at 35 yds. Some wood looks like it was removed from a park bench, and some is nicely figured as this one. All are heavily lacquered with a poly finish that some like and others hate - most shooters seem to be neutral is this regard, however....

The other feature they all have in common is Remington's very thin processes bluing, and, overall, a good bang for the buck when compared to the cost of accuracy and looks of other guns. My favorite in the 1100 series is the newer high end 1100 with the gold inlays and polished receiver and chambered in .410. It's a beautiful little gun that runs and runs if the operator keeps it clean. Beware, however, as it ejects the hulls nearly 30-40 feet down and right. It always gets a comment about that little habit. The people who bouht them just love that .410 for skeet- seems to bust them well and pattern nicely with the factory supplied five (5) chokes....good luck

12. laver

laver Member

0   0   0

13. shotgunner

shotgunner Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

I will take it....email sent. Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.