1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

~~SPF~~~~~~~Especiale~~~~~~~SPF~~~

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Smok'n Joe, Apr 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

A unique and effective Perazzi TMX conversion well suited for special situations. Custom Thumbhole stock provides easy and consistent gun mount with dramatically improved control. The comfortable raised cheek stock and grip design reduces fatigue and helps distribute felt recoil. Forcing cones have been extended and Carlson's extended choke tubes (MOD, Imp MOD, Full) have been installed and are included. Ships with Original butt stock in Perazzi case.

Currently configured as PULL trigger...RELEASE TRIGGER COMPONENTS included.

An excellent alternative for temporary or long term use for the right individual.

$2,195 shipped to your FFL

2. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Doesn't look like any TMX I have seen.

Rick in MT

3. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

ric3677,

As stated, the receiver, trigger and forearm iron are matching serial numbered TMX components. The matching TMX barrel was sold separately and replaced with a 32" TM1 barrel to achieve a flatter POI and lower sight plane...it is also lighter and easier to swing with less felt recoil. It throws a terrific pattern with the extended Carlson choke tubes.

The original matching butt stock will be included along with the Perazzi hard case and documentation. This gun would part-out for more than what you can buy it for. I'll post more pictures later in the week if it has not sold by then.

For further details, PM me and I will put you in contact with the owner.

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

0   0   0

Rick.. It's a TMX receiver and iron with a TM-1 barrel.. Looks pretty comfortable to shoot..if it fits the shooter.. Looks to be a fair price if the receiver is in good condition.. A picture of the bolt face is always helpful in selling a shotgun..

5. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Here's the original TMX stock with 4-Way adjustable comb which is included at no extra charge.

Welcome Back, PBB!!! more pictures coming up

6. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

TMX receiver with thumbhole stock installed

[​IMG]

Also available is a brand new custom cut 32" aluminum add on rib for an additional $149.95. Installation on the 32" TM1 barrel would allow the original TMX stock to be remounted.

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0

Looks like a plain old "especiale" to me and the extra stock on the bottom looks to fit and 680 "especiale" Beretta.

8. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jacques,

You of ALL PEOPLE should know!!!

The Thumbhole stock is from a TM1...the other stock is the original TMX stock. Either will bolt right on and the gun will ship with BOTH STOCKS.

I'm going to shoot the "THUMB-er" tonight and I'll let you know how it feels...who knows...this set up MIGHT extend OUR shooting careers!!!

I'm saving the Beretta S682X for MeeSelf...going to give Carmen's top single barrel a go tonight but that gun really is ESPECIALE!!!

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Joe..... I don't know what meds you are on, but the two stocks shown in the pictures are DEFINATELY from different guns.... They are not even close to being the same...... Dan Thome.... Trap2

10. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Gentlemen,

This TMX is offered for sale with BOTH stocks and a 32" TM1 barrel.

The original TMX high rib barrel was sold. If you prefer the TMX stock and a high rib, the owner has a brand new custom add on rib available for the TM1 barrel.

Dan...just caffiene and nicotine and a little of Jack's vino with dinner! Yes...you are correct...the above pictured TMX stock is the original stock, the Thumbhole stock is a custom TM1 stock...certainly not the SAME gun (duh).

Both stocks come with the gun and either will bolt right on as you can see in the picture. As I'm sure you know, the difference between the two stocks is the comb height. The TM1 barrel and Thumbhole stock set up was put together to get a more comfortable fit and flatter trajectory with more control. It is lighter and easier to swing and has had choke tubes installed so it is more versatile. I am going to shoot the thumbhole stock tonight and I'll let you know my impression.

11. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Test Fire Report:

TMX 32" barrel with MOD Carlson choke and custom Thumbhole stock. Winchester
    Super Trap #8.

60 degrees...light wind...under the lights...Ideal shooting conditions!

The TMX equiped with the ThumbHole stock made it's debut last night. Lots of comments, curiosity and requests to give it a try. One female shooter couldn't put it down! The gun functioned flawlesly and dusted targets for each of eight shooters (including me) that gave it a go.

The beads stack perfectly and delivered a relatively flat 60/40 pattern. The grip took a little getting used to, but felt natural after a couple shots.
    It really does put more control of the firearm in the right hand where it should be, but more importantly, the pistol grip made it almost impossible to CANT the gun. As stated earlier, one accomplished female shooter couldn't put it down and is seriously considering purchasing the gun.

The 14 1/4" LOP over a Morgan adjustable butt plate and pad was both comfortable and added to the fit and feel. The palm swell and finger grooves add to the comfort and control. Overall...a satisfying shooting experience that puts a quality firearm into a unique format that provides an added dimension.

I noticed JDSFARMS has a left hand thumbhole stock with a recoil reducer avialable for $450 on another thread. Buy this TMX and you get a right hand thumbhole stock included FREE!

More later...

12. Mdl1261

Mdl1261 Member

0   0   0

Saw this gun at the club last night, put it up almost fell asleep on the stock .Very comfortable and a Great looking gun. its a home Run for somebody .

13. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

MDL-12,

Sorry you didn't get a chance to shoot it...Helen fell in love with the stock and wants to shoot League with it this Sunday. If she shoots it like she did last night I'll bet it follows her home!

You snoooze...You LOOOOOOOZE!!!

14. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I just need to read and comprehend better. My apologies.

Rick in MT

15. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Rick,

No need for apologies...this is a unique setup.

It may be Part TM-1 and part TM-X, but it's 100% PERAZZI...

16. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

TMX Receiver Trigger & Iron & release hook.. $ 950

Original Stock & Forearm.....................$ 500

Thumbhole Stock with butt plate & pad........$ 400

TM1 32" Barrel with Carlson Choke Tubes......$ 750

Perazzi luggage style combo case.............$ 150

====================================================

Value if parted out..........................$2,750

This package has been placed on a 48 hour courtesy hold. It will be available for sale Sunday afternoon if not sold.

17. Smok'n Joe

Smok'n Joe Active Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

sold pending funds