1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spell check

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by RickN, Jul 19, 2013.

1. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Did David put spell check on the forum now?

Nice feature.

2. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Why in the world aren't you in South Dakota???

3. W.R.Buchanan

W.R.Buchanan Member

This feature works on ALL forums and Word automatically now. I just noticed it the other day. I think it was an upgrade to Windows that came thru about 2 weeks ago. I had to restart my computer then and I usually just leave it on all the time.

If you right click on the misspelled word you can pick the correct spelling or in cases where you spelled the word right but the dictionary doesn't know you can add it to the dictionary.

In some cases it will automatically change the word for you.

In my case I misspell "the" a lot by transposing letters. Now it corrects for me and I can type a lot faster knowing I don't have to go over everything with a fine tooth comb for errors.

Now that's progress!

Randy

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If everyone could only learn the difference between "lose" and "loose" the world would be a better place.

5. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Dickgtax, and don't forget barell, chock (for choke), Remmington, Modle 12, and many other nails-on-the-chalkboard words. :)